Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

But then humour aside, thatz how I picked up words inhindi and that habit enriched my functional vocabulary.

Severalvolumes if a case file tied together with a binder band. Due to shortage of binder pads, the staff were putting additional volumes into single bulk making it difficult to knot and unknot the bundle. In a suggestion in monthly meet of officers, I said about this difficulty thus: “ nada kolnë may Jadha waqth hojathëë hai”.

When other eight officers burst into laughter along with my supreme Boss, I was delighted!?

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thanks for providing understanding the ~ between khatiyan and Bhagian.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you V sir for the nomination! Much appreciated.
    That means a lot!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My pyari Rihana

My next nomination is @maalti's latest post
    Selvi

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2022
    Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for seconding the nomination, Viswa. I too am glad we got to read the snippet. Any nature encounter snippet by Sabitha reminds me of my own rendezvous with nature and that these need to be arranged more often.

Good to see a post by @KashmirFlower nominated for FP! Thank you Viswa.
    Morning Hustle And Bp

Getting children ready in time for school and ready for bed are among the top challenges parents have to deal with. One ends up yelling at spouse and kids and finally when we sit down to rest our weary back and muscles, regret at the harsh words sets in even as the back is appreciative of the relief. Been there, yelled that, felt that. : )

@KashmirFlower has given productive suggestions that include streamlining the efforts, allowing the kid to experience natural consequences, and practical personal experience such as it is okay for kid to have food from the school cafeteria.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is ok to nominate a post from the FP thread itself.

Response by @Thoughtful in this FP thread:
    Finest Post Nominations - May 2022
    @Thoughtful, later today a bunch of us desi women are going to sit in a college graduation and bawl our eyes out as we hear a young man's name called out and he walks on stage. He happens to be differently-abled. I want to show his mother your post. I need to figure out how to achieve this without bringing in IL etc. : )

7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

@Thyagarajan
    I apologize for my earlier post . It appears I was in the wrong. All I can say is I have very clear memories of hearing the bagiyan song on the radio as kid in 70's. And never heard or know of the other version till it was posted here.
    Loved the anecdote and your sense of humor Sir! We need a separate thread for all these anecdotes!! They are hilarious.

Rihana, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Omg! No apologies required. I wish to quote that quote from
    line from the Erich Segal novel Love Story.
    I once spoke to under secretary finanace. She apologised that she was late to meeting for want of driver. I said in Hindi “ you could have requested your Mali to drive you to the meeting”. She was somewhat shocked and uttered loudly, “Mali” why what do you mean? “
    The previous night I read a small story “ Ek phool Do Mali “ and that was the time a movie too was making rounds “Ek phool doh Malik”
    What a delectable confusion by me - Mali & Malik.

Anyways, I know now you had clicked and watched the link provided by @Rihana for that kutmal on the cot where dream girl sleeps.

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @Balajee's snippet Going Great Guns. When he writes about current events, he gets into details of root cause of such events. This is a hot topic in every forum possible and I am glad he brought it to the IL as well. I don't even want to say my thoughts and prayers with the families anymore as it becomes a ritual nowadays. Let me pray for the Americans to gain strength to prevent such tragedies in future.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana,

I am here to nominate @maalti's snippet Selvi. Selvi's life as a child, her mother's predicament to stay put with the husband with a drinking habit, Selvi's suffering as a child, how her mother asks her to take care of the children who suffer the same fate and how Selvi sacrifices her life for such children brought so much tears while reading it. As many writers pointed out we never come to know how many such children are suffering but all we can do is to send our prayers to all of them for a better life.

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.