Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: You have summed up succinctly the essence of that thread and the response that I had nominated ibid.

certain passages have the potential be a prologue and some other stands out as an epilogue.

Your this jotting did my day Thanks. Sleep embraces me!

Rihana likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswa. The nominated snippet made for an insightful reading.

However, based on a casual reading and comparison, the snippet seems to be mostly copied from Warrier's Collage May 19, 2022 so it will not be considered for FP.

3. Rihana

Soja Rajkumar Soja. :blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I didn't realize that the posts made in May make it into the finest post nominations in May itself.

Here is my nomination:

This is @Rihana 's response in the thread

What Do You Think Ladies?

These two earlier response of hers adds as a precursor to the above response:

Without repeating what she said, I will summarize my thoughts:

In today's times when the people are so well connected, individuals are more isolated and lonely than ever.

Suicides are high during these times as individuals are unable to handle what others talk about them, in person or even online .

It takes empathy, kindness and compassion towards others so they don't get pushed to a worser state.

This is not about laws in countries or companies. This is about human behavior.

The laws come into existence in companies first because these are the places where the money is and organizations don't want to lose good talent, brand or the bottom line due to prejudices, harassment or any other harmful behavior of employees, or clients. Hence, these are not tolerated.

When individuals join companies they look for kindness and respect, a place to grow and thrive. They don't want to be harassed, bullied or discriminated. In particular they look up to the leaders in the companies for protection and encouragement.

Each of us have a responsibility whether in a leadership position or not. If in fact in a leadership position, the responsibility is multi fold.

When the others around us raise concerns undermining someone's ability or character, whom you haven't even met, the leader acts as a person giving confidence , positivity and strength.

Do you want to be discussed or judged before you become a part of a team. There is a new guy or a girl from India joining us. I have an acquaintance in another company who has worked with this person or an Indian. Let me find out more about them, is not particularly a trait of a leader.

Why not let the person join and get the encouragement, support and inclusion they deserve before they are judged based on the work they do. What message is being sent to others when such discussions happen.

Again, these are not region or locality or country or company based. Whether you live in India, Abu Dabi or United States, what is wrong in one place is wrong in other.

Lets teach inclusion, kindness, respect, compassion to people around us, whether it is our children, friends, parents, subordinates or coworkers. This act might save someone from the darkness. What goes around, comes around. Some day our friend, our children will benefit from the kindness of others.

This is really the message from @Rihana on the above thread.

If there is a single message that I could vote for to be the best post in this forum I have ever read, it is the one above.

5. Rihana

Thank you @Thoughtful. I appreciate you taking the time to compose and share your thoughts on the delicate topic.

Thyagarajan, Thoughtful and Laks09 like this.
  6. Rihana

A general reminder about nominations:

Posts by any member can be nominated for FP. Nominated posts is how we get to know about and read posts we might not have read otherwise.

Posts by Cheeniya, iyerviji, Laks09 and me will not be considered for FP winner as we are in the nomination committee etc.

Further, a few members have requested that their posts not be considered for FP winner. In such cases, the nomination is valid and welcome but that post will not be considered for FP winner.

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I think it’s ok to nominate a post from the FP itself for FP right?

@Thoughtful has put forth some thoughts that I couldn’t have expressed better myself at
    Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

I couldn’t quite put it this way. To change is to evolve and grow!

So true. I have had such a good time with my most recent employer and one of the reasons was that he understood my situation and worked around it. The best manager I’ve ever had.

I do want to nominate Thoughtful for FP.

deepthyanoop, Thoughtful and Rihana like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,

When you ask a question and get a numeric list of practical possibilities, it’s exciting. When that poster is @Viswamitra it’s bound to be a splendid post. I’m sure you got a lot of ideas from his response to your query at
    Daily Meditation Log.
    I’m trying hard to meditate too but my mind gets in the way!

This! My mind gets carried away by the first shiny thought and exits. I wish I could train myself to observe and listen as much as sir here has been explaining.

I go through the list above and nod my assent at every point and look at the resolution. I resolve to retry after my break. I also read about your bullet journal and added that to my to do list.
    Viswa sir has put down succinctly what I was struggling to get to with my own practice. I’m sure these pointers will help anyone trying to get to that next step in their mindfulness practice. I would love to nominate this post for FP.

Thyagarajan, Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Laks09,

You spoil me and to be honest this nomination came as a true surprise for me and I am truly delighted. I was delighted with Rihana's question and started writing spontaneously :) I am happy to see it may have helped you also. If my mind is all over, I cannot for the life of me quieten it in the 10 mins I sit down and usually after half hour yoga is the best practice I ever have. I think I will continue to talk here too - so, Laks!, thanks a ton for the nomination.

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Laks09,

I am grateful for your comments here that my response to @Rihana was useful for your practice of meditation. I know each person has his/her own technique for meditation. Therefore, I decided to focus on the mistakes I made so that it would be meaningful for those who are practicing what they should not seek during meditation.

Thank you for your kind words.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.