1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Laws Being Too Good To Co Sister In Law & Trying To Portray U Bad

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by amulya2020, May 15, 2022.

1. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

I am facing it. Whatever things my parents done they will find mistake. My in-laws are very cooperative to his second sons family. My in-laws use my husband for literally for everything .still we don't have good name and they won't care if something happens to us

2. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

I can feel you. :frown: Both in same situiation :yawn:

3. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Sailing in the same boat. DH is egoistic to accept his mom's biased behavior towards Bil's family. But he has confessed with his close allies that his mom gives them special treatment.
    I can write 100's of pages on this.
    While I have come to the acceptance mode in this issue, my MIL has stooped to the nasty level of ill treating me silently in front them. Like she doesn't value my presence. She behaves as if we are the ones who give a bad treatment to her. During the recent visit of Bil's family she raised the bar of hurting me and it this created so much of impact on my relationship with DH that now I talk to him only as and when required.

4. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Hm that must be difficult right. I don’t want to sound like I’m making an issue look big out of petty things. But these are things which we might or might not discuss openly in the fear of judging but what I don’t understand how to handle elderly especially in laws with that kind of behavior. Where both the sides doesn’t feel exploited and make peace with each other.