Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much sir.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Mistt for bringing both these posts to FP. I usually read all posts by DDream but missed this due to it being the weekend or was trying to catch the lunar eclipse.

Two responses by @DDream, post #5 and #8 in:
    In Laws Being Too Good To Co Sister In Law & Trying To Portray U Bad
    In Laws Being Too Good To Co Sister In Law & Trying To Portray U Bad

Crisp, to-the-point suggestions that help the OP there identify what to focus on and which things to not spend even a second on. No wonder OP responded:

"Exactly you got exact issue. Thanks a lot, this was helpful!
    It answered most of my concerns n questions that I had in my mind :blush:
    "

Laks09 likes this.
  3. Rihana

So true Laks.

Women (generally speaking!) tend to be more emotional than men. Divorce needs one to be as practical and as prepared as one can be. This post by @Amica and the thread itself should be made a sticky. Sometimes it might seem like the same points "consult an attorney", "gather evidence and financial papers" are being repeated over and over again. But these points bear being repeated. It is quite disturbing to realize that the points are not sinking in. I am glad @Amica posted the important reminders in her response:
    Am I Doing Something Wrong ?

Thyagu, thank you for seconding the nomination. Earlier... later... doesn't matter... : )

Amica and Laks09 like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

I am here to nominate the post of @Jayasala madam titled Accept Mortality. It is an extraordinary read mixed with real-life experience and teachings found in Upanishad.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @1Sandhya's response What Do You Think Ladies?. This response brought calmness to the discussion that was getting heated in this thread due to the laws of different countries. This response shows a good understanding of both sides of the coin and the right response of what the OP needs to do in such a situation.

1Sandhya, SGBV, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    A beginning meditator myself, I find my mind wandering even before I get to my mat. Your query came at the most opportune time.

@Srama has given some great insights into making it easier on oneself at Daily Meditation Log

I could quote her entire post, but I picked this as the most relevant tip for a beginner. Thinking about how you start before you start!
    I’d love to nominate Sabi for FP!

Srama and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

@SGBV, @HariLakhera, it is so nice to see nominations from you both. While I am always grateful for the nominations from regular nominators, it feels a different good to see a nomination like these.
    Response by @1Sandhya in What Do You Think Ladies?
    As always, a neat, balanced and comprehensive analysis from Sandhya.

Thank you Viswa.

There are many posts by @chanchitra in the thread, I am taking the first one as the nomination. Hope that is OK.

Kashmir Files Movie

I learned a lot from the thread -- new views, opinions and just how much I don't know. Thank you @chanchitra for starting this thread.

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  9. Rihana

I was wondering how I missed a thread like this in Relationship section. : ) We rarely get threads where OP's issue is over affection with spouse. : )

@Thyagu you have brought to FP a fine post from 2018. Response by @SGBV in Over Affection With Spouse

Intriguing question by OP there and a response from SGBV that is a bit different from the others in the thread. Little did we know in 2018 that a pandemic would come along and WFH & online school would sorely test the affection we hold for family members.

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Rihana

Guys, thank you for the nominations and bringing life to an FP thread that was beginning to look like my sadly drooping plants. : ) I really appreciate it. Thanks to nominations, all of us including me get to read threads and recognize opinions, views and topics we wouldn't have otherwise.

A small request: when you want to nominate a post, click on the post number in the top right of the post. This number has a # in front of it. Then, "Copy Link" or "Copy Link Address". This will be the link to the exact post that you want to nominate.

HariLakhera, Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.