1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Do Or Not To Do………..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, May 16, 2022.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

my friend! I can see you walking around calmly in Disneyland watching people, enjoying it! I do hope the next time around, you will go in a ride and if you are worried, you should come visit me when you are here and we can go on rides. I promise you, I am fun on rides I believe. Yes, I said, I am fun and not the rides. You know who went with me on all rides and insisted on going with me? My FIL!! I miss him - he was like I am so happy to see this side of my DIL and tagged along choosing me over his son and grandkids :) and it was very uncharacteristic of him to express like that - you know the old, stoic kind....I need to be serious!!!

did you say you want to go sky diving? Now, I insist that you must come and spend time with me. We shall do all that you want to do. I would love that.

2. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Cutting straight to the point here!
    This i think was the most beautiful of expressions used and expressed!
    And this alone makes me want to experience this feeling!!
    Just think its so rare to ever getting to feel such gush of security once we are at an age where we are able to recall this feeling!
    Its just like a dream!

But i have something to share here;
    I used to think of myself as the person who couldn't undertake these so called 'daredevil' activites... but then over the years my confidence has been boosted as i have had to step in at times to not chicken out i nfront of my progeny to keep up their confidence because:hello: the spouse does !! I mean the list would start with some water park slides ( almost vertical drops) and the stupendous falls and goes on to para gliding :) ( Ok.. honestly..i think that's pretty much the list) but then as you say mom has to step in at times just to show the way !
    This last one though was so nerve wracking as spouse and i decided to go do para gliding and he goaded me to do it and once i was airborne, (of course i forgot about everything else but the feeling of being a free bird.)....... but) literally after getting my feet on ground i had to immediately grapple with all things earthy then as i kept waiting for the DH to arrive with the next parachute and then the next and then the next... but alas!
    Finally with no phone on me... had to resort taking the guide's phone only to hear the DH say calmly, I am on my way in the jeep !! That was the worst of the chickening out i must say.... and after paying in advance was it:buenrollo::sconf: ??

But have i mentioned already that I love you seriously!! i think your snippets resonate so so much with me all the time!!
    God give me the talent to word like you do!!

Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Afresh,

so nice to see here with your cheerful perspective. Thank you! I have to tell you, simply my hands behind my back and feet crossed and allowing to be zipped through felt like - letting go and trusting! I wish I can stay in that state forever. The zip line was somewhat similar to this picture upload_2022-5-22_13-27-14.png I would do it a hundred times over and in a heart beat.

So nice to see that you have begun to enjoy these adventurous activities. They are somewhat liberating and I think we should at least attempt and I am super proud you are doing them - nothing beats that feeling of being in the clouds and getting that view. Funny thing in our family though, it is me who loves these and DH only does because I love doing them. And it is weird how I like to do them solo and so it is his responsibility to do with kids.

Thank you for your sweetness! I am always always happy to see a fellow ILite who can resonate with my coquiness. And as for that prayer for writing - may it come true :) You certainly bring a lot of joy with your expression and I think it is just a matter of taking that leap - words will flow!

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

You asked for rain and there it is and you ask for rainbow there it is! The nature answers all your prayers as your love for it is total and complete! I couldn't believe when I read the lines that you were ready not to experience it! Again it is the nature that sent that Indian woman to convince you (how can it not love someone who loves it dearly).

I am glad you experienced it. I have reached 68 this May and may be if I have a next life I would like to experience skydiving and hiking, two things I always wanted to experience. When I have those deep desire, I have to take another birth to come back and experience it anyway. You have experienced letting go once and it is repeatable even in your life! Gowri shared her experiences with the trees during hiking and you shared your experience of viewing the world from the eyes of a bird! I would like to forget the rest of the world and be there at that moment.

Let go, be there and experience bliss!

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

A Very Happy Birthday To You, though belated! 68? I never would have thought! Hope you had a wonderful day. You know hiking and ziplining are a possibility even in this janma :) I sincerely wish you get to try them.

Didn't think of this way. Thanks for putting it in perspective. On a lighter note, next time, I want a sign I should think non nature related....though I am afraid I will send eternity thinking about the sign itself :biggrin:

I am learning that letting go is not easy, especially letting go of fear! But we have to do it. How else do we experience life or bliss as you have so well put it. I am grateful to have moments of those experiences and it is work in progress - only we don't know foe how many more births!! I logged into a screen as soon as I woke up - a rarity for me but this is what I saw first thing

upload_2022-5-26_5-26-38.jpeg and I wonder.

Thank you sir, as always for your feedback.

Viswamitra likes this.