1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kashmir Files Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chanchitra, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

If you feel that the word Muslim shouldn't be used with the word innocent, I don't agree with it. The present government celebrates and worships the first terrorist (A Hindu fundamentalist) who killed the nation's leader in 1948. He is not from the minority community but from majority community. I have seen out of my own eyes how systematically the Shiva Senaiks executed the Muslim population in Mumbai when I lived in Mumbai. We ended up covering up the 8 muslim families in our community for 15 days in order to avoid them hacked to death right in front of our eyes. The Hindu fundamentalists are not as innocent as you think, they are. Unfortunately, I am of the opinion that there are innocent people in all the religions. Good democracies will understand and protect the innocent irrespective of the religion they believe in. That is what true secularism is.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

When it is a place of worship for the Muslims, it is an unused cement and stone structure and when it is a place of worship for the Hindus, it is holiest of holy places, is it? Now the government with a super majority is beginning to claim every Mosque in India to be former Temples whether it is true or not and systematically bring in tension between two religions. I agree Karma will catch up soon for every bad action that would not differentiate between beleivers of various religions. The true Hindu will be one who would practice Sanatana Dharma and fight for the righteousness (whether harm is done against the Hindus or Muslims or Sikhs) and not develop hatrate against any religion. The Hindu fundamentalists in India are neither practicing religion nor complying the laws of the land. This herd mentality is not only risky but dangerous in the long run.

Every terrorist whether he is a Hindu, Muslim or Sikh should be brought to books. I am not sure what is there to argue about it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

The Hindus and Muslims are minority in the US and we feel very secured in this country without any fear. Even if the majority begins to commit hate crimes, the government punishes them appropriately. In some cases, the government takes proactive measures such as categorically declaring that not all people in those minority religion are responsible for the select actions of the terrorists from a particular religion.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Yes, it is! would you put forth this same argument if an unused temple was constructed over Mecca's kaaba or the at the site of Vatican? Haven't we all seen illegal temples demolished at street corners? How many riots have happened? Anyone wants to play the cat and mouse game at the Mecca (or for any other mosque/church/what have you for that matter) that people played at the Sabarimala Temple, in the name of what? Gender equality? (I am a woman from the Kerala region, born and brought up in MUmbai) and I disagree with the idea that gender equality can be instituted by playing with my religion's rules)

correct, no matter every terrorist must be brought to justice. No reason to argue, I agree! problem is, we are not allowed to speak about Hindu lives lost but Muslim lives are big news. Hindu cultures, beliefs are a fair game but Minorities culture is not! That is a problem!

p.s. speaking of herd mentality… we are all part of a herd mentality, just different herds!

Thyagarajan, aara and chanchitra like this.
  5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. That's how a country needs to be.
    Whether it's a secular or Islamic or hindu country

Thyagarajan and aara like this.
  6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Truly secular democracies will keep religion separate from the state and not appease one religion to garner votes.
    I never claimed Hindu rogues are innocent. The point being Hindus are ready to call spade and denounce rogue elements in the community. Never heard of Muslims coming up protesting.

It is commendable you saved some innocent Muslims. Please ask the Pandits what was their biggest sorrow- it was That their neighbors, teachers, students and colleagues were the ones who chopped them to death!

There’s a video on YouTube by a PDP? Muslim Leader after TKF was released. He started of by accepting that it was the neighbor and trusted people around who killed the Pandits. So it is not hearsay!

just as I started to feel better about the fact that he acknowledged, he goes ahead and said please do not retaliate against Muslims. If it only fear of a retaliation post TKF that makes them apologize, is it really a apology?

chanchitra, Thyagarajan and aara like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

There is a hue & cry that government empathise with displaced Kashmir pandits.i am reminded of the film “Sujatha” about untouchability and Nehru sent appreciation letter to Bimal Roy. Nehru government promoted that film for social progression in society, some orthodox Hindus were against it then.
    upload_2022-5-21_12-47-4.jpeg

8. Viswamitra

I agree no one with the right frame of mind will mess with the holy and religious sites whether it is the Hindu, Muslim or Christian or any other religious site. I am not sure who fought for the gender equality in Sabarimala against the traditional practices. I know singer Jesudas was allowed to go into Sabarimala even though he belongs to another religion. I sincerely appreciate the Devasthanam for such gesture. I had been to Nagur Dharka and Velankanni Church in Tamilnadu where all religious people are allowed to worship. I welcome such acts that brings religious harmony. There is a subtle difference between holy places demolished by agitation by a political party as opposed to the government demolishing an illegal construction.

I used the term herd as this kind of religious sentiments and uprising went up high since this new government came into power. The religious tolerance has come down drastically. In Tamilnadu, when there was flood submerging many parts of Tamil Nadu, the Muslim community decided to make vegetarian food packets and distribute it in the Temples as their goodwill gesture. Your state Kerala itself is a great example as to how religious harmony can be maintained among all religions. I have lived in Kerala and experienced it myself. I am a devote Hindu and practice Sanatana Dharama. But my religion helped me understand that I need to be sympathetic to anyone in any religion targeted by other religion.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

It is sad to know that the people who KPs knows in their lives have killed them. I am glad TKF acknowledged it. Here in the US, the entire Muslim population disowned terrorist activities that took place in the US. But the government backed them up before they did it. The minority community lives in fear of retaliation all the time. The hate crimes went up immediately after 9/11 here in the US as well but everyone of them involved are punished by the government.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra

You are kidding aren’t you when you say Kerala is a great example of religious tolerance? Please say you are! Do you know how many Hindus have been massacred in Kerala? Sabarimala is a prime example of how Hindu culture and beliefs are disrespected. Do you know the highest number of Muslims who joined the ISIS and ISIL from India, were from Kerala? Did you know they don’t sell homes to non Muslims in Muslim dominated areas? Did you know that the Afghan style burka also known as the Shuttlecock burka from Afghanistan made it’s first appearance in Kerala? KeralA is not what you imagine it to be. A4 day visit to 8 temples do not make you knowledgeable enough to speak about that state!

Sanatana Dharma Doesn’t teach you to give up without a fight. That would be stupid. It is like the story of the man who asked for God’s help from the flood. He was sent 3 boats but he refused all because ‘GOD’ will save him without realizing GOD sent the boats!

Denouncing rogue elements in one’s own community, who caused harm to others is NOT a favor.

I say that again-

Denouncing rogue elements in one’s own community, who caused harm to others is NOT a favor

And it doesn’t have to come AFTER the government backed them up. Truly, the standards set for a certain religion is way too low.
    And yes, while it may be true that they criticized terrorists in the US soil, it is only because they are minorities and don’t hold much sway. They will be called out and it is in their interest to be in the good books so they are not targeted. Once their numbers get bigger, as in Kashmir, Kerala, Bengal and further west, the UK, things will not be the same. It is the Arab and the Camel situation.

frankly, I am really done debating this topic. Let’s just agree to be part of different herds.
    Thanks and happy weekend

Last edited: May 22, 2022