After Ivf Tips

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Daddysgirl, May 19, 2022.

1. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    Can u ladies suggest what things to do and not to do after IVF embryo transfer bcoz my doctor didn't inform me properly. I have some doubts my room is upstairs so I take stairs few times . I had one failed IVF. Can we cook whole 3 meals after IVF .

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

try to rest and relax as much as possible. Keep your mind diverted and stress free ( hard to do easy to say )
    watch good movies, spend a good time with your loved ones. If you don't feel like cooking don't do it. Do things that don't stress you physically or mentally.

best of luck!

3. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

4. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Just be as normal day,and delete from your mind that you went to some procedure and try be be relax and do normal works as usual,just avoid too much of bending works and you can cook and go for walk and play ...
    In my case i just had bath afteru return frm hosp and cooked food and i ahve a zero support from my husband so I have to do everything on my own and I did everything...and we have a pet so i used to take him for walks and play wth him outside by kicking the ball ...
    I use dto pray every day and it's just a miracle,things wil happen when the time comes and i got positive after 3 failed ET...and which is i have zero beliefs which i wil get positive...and even i prepared my mind i hav to take one more chance ...
    Be cool don't over stress and be normal and go for shopping and enjoy...but keep in mind whn having food don't take too much of heated items and take lot of fluids
    All the best and share your joy

ashima10 likes this.
  5. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I have my in-laws here and my husband too is not very cooperative. He will do anything for his parents for me he will sulk. I am undergoing a stressful treatment with these things in my mind.

Janakinarne likes this.
  6. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Don't take stress ,can understand how it wil be staying wth in-laws whn going to this procedure,if they r supportive it wil b another story if now it's like a hell to stay at this phase..
    Don't expect anything from anyone do your works and be calm ...don't take anyone's words in to ur mind ...try to go for walks for some time (not brisk walk normal walks)...

7. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

@Daddysgirl - this is what I followed a few years back. Just take one day at a time or one minute at a time.

Here are CCRM’s bed rest instructions (you are required to be on bed rest on transfer day and the day after):

Activity and Positioning:

• In the car on your way home, position yourself in a reclined position in the front seat with your head lowered. Once you reach your destination, make yourself comfortable in bed, on a couch, or a recliner. You do not need to be flat on your back in bed but in a reclined position with your feet elevated to the level of your hips. You may keep your kneees bent. Your head should be elevated no higher than 45 degrees.
    • You may lay on your back or your side, NOT on your stomach. You can prop yourself with pillows.
    • Do not put anything hot on your abdomen such as a heating pad or a laptop computer.
    • During your bed rest, we prefer you do not use stairs unless you have no other options. One flight up/down per day is permissible.
    • It is recommended that you limit your activity. You may get up to use the restroom or get a quick snack. For meals, have food brought to you whenever possible.
    • NO sexual activity.
    Once Bed Rest is Over:

Continue with normal, light activity. You may travel once bed rest is over. You may walk, use stairs, and resume most normal activities with a few restrictions.

• Short walks are OK but NO exercising! Avoid increasing your heart rate, becoming winded or short of breath.
    • Do not lift anything heavier than 10 pounds.
    • Do not overheat: no heat on abdomen, avoid exposure to extreme temperatures outdoors, no hot tubs, steam showers, or saunas.
    • Showers are OK, but do not submerse in water – no swimming pools or bath tubs.
    • Diet: Continue to eliminate all caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. Eat a healthy diet, avoid undercooked meats.

ashima10 likes this.
  8. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

Thanq i will keep in mind

happyperson likes this.
  9. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

Thanq for the reply