1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Sue Son For Not Giving Them Grandkid

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Rihana, May 18, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I hate to ask this but I have to. You really mean what you wrote? Or is there some sarcasm or humor that I am missing?

Cut off relation with a married child because they won't have kids?

Children should have consideration for the expectations and feeling of parents and provide them grandkids?

Oh my.. I haven't held a baby in a long time and there are times when I've actually considered volunteering in a cuddler program such as this one: Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach | NICU | Cuddler Program

But I can't even dream of making my daughter or son have children to satisfy my cravings. On the contrary, I tell them to be really really sure before going for one. To my daughter in particular, I advise that she make sure she wants motherhood and wants it like crazy, and only then...

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

First of all thank you for taking my post in the right spirit and replying :blush: As i had mentioned it is shocking and almost foolish for a parent to file a case in court for want of a grandchild! However, we do not know the circumstances and the type of relationship they shared with their parents after marriage. To my mind, if it was a cordial and friendly one, such a situation would never arise - neither for want of finance or for a grandchild. Just as couples go in for a divorce when minds and priorties dont meet, similarly to my mind, i still feel it would be better off to for the parents to lead their life without involvement with the son and DIL.
    And again, me too assumed @rosequeen is a senior, from her very mature posts, to my mind. My bad too here.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

This is one of the hot topics in several desi groups.

Anyways I feel it’s so stupid of the parents to file a lawsuit against their own son/DIL for not having kids.

But my question is What if the couple is facing battle with infertility?
    Even if that’s not the case what if they want to adopt instead?

KashmirFlower, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It's a hot topic? As in hotly debated? There's people who agree with the idea of requiring son/DIL to produce grandkids on demand or craving of grandparents?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:OMG! Ways of the world change atrociously.
    If for some x something Dysfunctional, parents DNA/gene are responsible !
    Court will set aside this petition for sure in India.

If there is vigilant assessment officer in the area where case is originated, he would investigate the petitoner’s tax returns and there is likely-hood of petitioners receiving notice and IT raid!

Amica likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Perhaps we don't know the real causes behind their sue but definitely they had chosen the dishonorable decision. They took extreme end and It looks very cruel for me. I believe in and follow the concept of parents have to love their children unconditionally. Yes, i agree with parents give birth, raise children and try their best to provide very comfortable life to children. It doesn't mean that parents have rights to force children to do something which makes happiness to parents. I know parents have wishes / expectations towards their children but It isn't fair to interfere, rub and disturb children's life after their marriage. I feel it is good to leave the choices to children once they become mature enough to take decision. Just let them how they want to lead their life.

Amica, sandhya2020 and Rihana like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Wow! :clapclap:Kudos to Maye Musk and she showed how to lead life so gracefully. She is in her 74 but she presented so much inspiration to others. Really great! :number_one::thumbup:

Rihana likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I don’t see this as too much of a shock. Even in a regular marriage, be it arranged or love the pressure from In-laws to bear a heir is immense. I remember this happening to me a year into the marriage and I was in my early 20s. Had we waited six years my MIL would have conducted an exorcism for me. I wonder what would have happened if fertility issues were involved.
    What? We are talking about the viral video of the non desi kid choking the desi kid and the desi guy getting 3 days ISS while the other guy got only a day.

sandhya2020, Amica and Rihana like this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

They can ask for the son’s $80,000 car back and use it as a retirement home.
    Way to blame others for their own poor financial decisions.

sandhya2020 and shravs3 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I was actually about to mention this as well!!

Laks09 likes this.