Finest Post Nominations - May 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot. Yes, I am in search of an answer.

2. HariLakhera

Rihana, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. HariLakhera

Looking forward to more understanding. The soul as a tenant in the body, the life of a tenant in an ideological world.

Rihana, Laks09 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2022
    Rihana, Srama, Laks09 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

Thank you for your nomination!
    You are amazing - always appreciating and spreading smiles!

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First off my sincere apologies. Sorry for the late in responding to the nominations this month.
    Thank you for the bhoni nomination, Viji my Jaan.

Responses by @1Sandhya in the thread:
    Why Do Women Today Choose Conflict To Resolve Domestic Issues?

It was/is a hot thread as can be seen from the title of the thread itself. Sandhya's response was a fine post, a balanced one. This sentence in her post said all there is to say about IL:

"I think this is a community of smart women which always has room for different points of view."​

1Sandhya and iyerviji like this.
  7. Rihana

@Laks09 I could not have agreed more and could not have put it in better words:
    "Your thinking mind is exhausted but you don’t still find justifications for your pro and con arguments."

I finally settled for some half-baked response that I posted in the snippet. : )

@HariLakhera Hari ji always writes thought-provoking posts and this one is a gem in that category.
    Whose Lie Is Not Untruth?

It also drew some fine responses from members which were also thought-provoking in themselves.

One hopes Hari ji will summon up the courage and visits sections of IL other than snippets soon. : ) My vested interest in that is that it has been a worrisomely dry month for nominations so far. : )

HariLakhera, Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  8. Rihana

Thank you for this nomination, Laks. The pandemic and US politics of the past few years has brought so many disagreements in my conversations that I've wondered just how does one disagree meaningfully.

The response by @MadhuRK The Art Of Disagreeing Meaningfully gives a starting point and worthy goals to keep in mind if we have to disagree.

How does one disagree meaningfully over differing levels of COVID precautions and vaccine opponents? What does one say when a dear friend says they don't vote, have never voted and provides the silliest of reasons for not voting?

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Rihana

@HariLakhera Hari ji, back to back nominations of your snippets or responses to your snippets. And by stalwarts such as our dear @iyerviji and Shri Thyagu @Thyagarajan. Nice!

Pleasures Of Living As A Tenant

"... a rented ideology. ...may be cultural, social, or political. You have no contribution to the formation of this opinion. You have no botheration of maintaining and strengthening this ideology. You trust the opinion maker and follow it to the brink."

Hmmm... Life so short and so much Netflix left to watch. Hard to make time to think through each issue independently. It is OK to take the short cut of renting the ideology provided vetting the landlord's credentials is easier than forming an opinion from scratch? Maybe so, Maybe not.

One more deep snippet from Hari Lakhera.

HariLakhera, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  10. Rihana

Thank you for the nomination, Viji sweetheart. Chinta nakko about link paste. You give us the patha of a fine post, we will find it for sure. : )

To Do Or Not To Do……….. by @Srama

One sincerely wishes Srama wrote more often and did not think "to write or not to write" : ) I so enjoyed reading this snippet, forming the response in the mind as I read, and then the writing. Any one how reads it will soar, fly and land with Srama and discover hidden objects in the least expected parts of shoes and the snippet. : )

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.