1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Passport Renewal In Us

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Saahasi, May 12, 2022.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

You need to provide proof of address that you want to be printed in passport . In that case you need to provide a valid id like drivers license . For India address you don’t need proof since it isn’t printed in passport . If you are using usa address then go with vfs shipping label since turnaround time is pretty quick

Saahasi likes this.
  2. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Ok thank you so much. I printed out the gov form, after I physically sign and attach the photos, do I have to scan it to upload on gov site ? or vfs site ?

3. mangaii

You need to take printout and stick your pictures in the page and sign them
    If I remember correctly you need to add two more pictures
    There is a checklist in vfs website
    This along with other forms and notarized documents should be sent in post

Saahasi likes this.
  4. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Yes I understand this but don’t I also need to submit the gov form online probsbly at the portal or vfs ?

5. mangaii

Once you fill the form it says submit and it generation application number which is your tracking number . You are not sending anything to government directly only vfs does the job . They are third party hired by consulate to process passport application and send it to them

Saahasi likes this.
  6. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

Yes I clicked submit after filling the form. It generated the ARN number and I printed it out.Thanks was really confused till now.

7. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

For the Annexure E document whats best to select - daughter of or wife of ?

8. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

1.My Indian passport which is due to expiry sometime this year has my old USA address.While filing the application form at the portal I had selected reason for re-issue of passport as due to expire.I had filled my application with my current USA address as printable address and other address details as Indian address (where my parents are residing).Now While registering at the VFS website, do I Choose Miscellaneous Service as change my Address (as I want my current USA address as printable address) or not?

2. As I said before I have filled my gov application form with my printable address as my residing USA address while my other address details as my Indian address (parents are residing currently).What evidence should I provide here under supporting documents (condition based)? How do I make a self attested copy?

3.In the checklist its mentioned as HANDWRITTEN DOCUMENTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED. If I fill out the date by hand under my signature in both Annexure Eand afidavit for change of appearance and signature, keeping rest in print form.Is that allowed?

4.For the Annexure E document whats best to select (daughter of or wife of)? Though I had mentioned my marital status during my last passport renewal they didn’t mention my spouse name in my current passport ( they left it blank). So wondered.

9. Saahasi

Saahasi Silver IL'ite

I downloaded my vfs shipping label this morning.Its giving today’s date as ship date. I am yet to get my documents notarized.I think this label expires if i cant post it today. Say I get all my notarized documents ready and I download the shipping label tomorrow then would the ship date change to tomorrow’s date? or Do I have to buy the shipping label again?

Also in what format should the date be written in Annexure E and in affidavit for change in appearance and signature? In Indian date format dd/mm/year or American date format mm/dd/year? Can this be handwritten or digital?

Last edited: May 17, 2022