1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Your Husband Help Carry Your Luggage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by beautifullife30, May 9, 2022.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

My husband never helped me carry my luggage or my daughter. He will say help yourself ! Psst ya I have been through a lot. Struggles insults ! I feel depressed. I wonder sometimes how did I cross all the hurdles in my life all alone. Nobody can understand or feel for my situation and my life!

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

it made you more stronger

indubalram likes this.
  3. indubalram

But has got to me to start hating him ! I lost all the trust! And I don’t want to do anything for him!

lakshmi888 and chanchitra like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thread is becoming a sob-fest with all of us recalling events from the past when husband was a total inconsiderate jerk. In most cases, a love marriage.

No doubt there are times when husbands are completely in the wrong. But, often we forget what else happened around the event in question. After reading posts here, I was reminded of the night I was taking care of a five year old with mild fever and a baby with higher fever. I struggled to get medicine into the baby while the cranky five year old pulled at my pajamas. Husband was watching cricket.

Earlier that day I had used choicest language to criticize how he left message for the doctor, how he responded when the nurse called back, how he didn't look for the "cherry" flavor of medicine in more stores, he didn't sterilize the medicine dropper before using it, he gave child medicine on the carpet not caring that child mostly throws up... Choicest language means not swear words.. rather words like "in your side.. this happens..."

Long story short, women can have a sharp tongue when patience is at lowest level.

For almost every event, there is his story, her story and the truth.

drdiva, Amica, mangaii and 1 other person like this.
  5. indubalram

And probably I failed to understand his problems and never even thought of helping! PSST ya!

6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I am okay with driving on highways but not curves and heights. One place we went, the road was so narrow, I was getting tensed and literally praying that the curves end as soon as possible. A little wrong maneuvering and it would be all downhill. Also, I cannot drive at night due to vision problems, so he does a lot of the driving. Not to mention severe road sickness. I got to admit, in this regard he is damn good.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  7. sarvantaryamini

I could not understand #22. That's why no like or comment. I don't have to advertise my ignorance.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

True @Rihana, but as women, sometimes we need to get rid of the junk and gunk in our heads. We can't watch any matches or down a bottle of liquor or smoke or even shout it all out or bully anyone else in frustration. At such times sobbing and letting it out keeps us from collapsing. At least some of us, if not all of us. I don't advocate this approach but saying that sometimes it helps, although it is not a good thing if done often.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I feel as long as husband can be trained you are good . It takes some time for wife to come up with manual . But it is doable . Little bit of patience goes a long way . Need to be little forgiving too . I think as I’m getting older I’m able to overlook lot more things . Pick your battles . Comparison will kill any relationship . I’m sure if some third party monitors me even they can provide many comments about my way of doing things . Maybe everyone in my household is used to my bad habits so we are comfortable with each other but it may bother someone else. I still remember the time my husband was sleeping in visitors room and I was trying to reach him after surgery . He came back after a nap and God knows what came out of my mouth that time . Time has taught me some valuable lessons . Better approach is to ask how can I make my husband understand my situation and help me . Create space for discussion and slowly get them on board .

Amica, Thyagarajan, daisy1234 and 3 others like this.
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

So true

Rihana likes this.