1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother’s Day ! How Did You Guys Spent That Day.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, May 9, 2022.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms here. How did you spend the day? Please share your what u guys did. I spent at home. We ordered food from restaurant and spent with my husband!

chanchitra and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

For me Mother’s Day is not a day of celebration because she left me long ago.
    Despite successful surgery in the early morning and within two days she was made to amble a bit, yet she was to be re-admitted as she could not eat anything for three days in a row.

Yesterday & day before and this early morning around five she was appearing before me in cheers. Many of her toiling for my sister and me began crossing my mind throwing me into a kind of monotonous moron.

I narrated some years back her story of fighting back after her broken hip ball joint was replaced with ceramic ball. It is in link
    Ma, Me & Boxing Day

My eyes turn moist hindering me from viewing the keyboard and so I cease texting much here.
    Wish all mothers and would be mothers and young mothers from yesterday and today a happy robust peaceful enjoyable life!

drdiva, Amica and indubalram like this.
  3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I lost my mom 12 years ago and I miss her a lot!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Mother's day 2022
    As a mother - Son's exams are on, so postponed dining out to to next week. Later at night, daughter called and we spoke for a while.

As a daughter, brought jasmine flowers from the local florist, and strung it together and gave it to my mum. Went for a walk/window shopping - first time since Covid19.

Just inane daily routine stuff but I cherished it - all smooth and boring in life is a blessing

The day started very differently - woke up and was idling on my bed scrolling thru FB. Came across a post in one of the groups, a desperate plea from a father requesting ideas for what to do on Mother's day. They had lost their only child just over a year ago. Both overwhelmed with grief, the father trying to put a brave façade to help the mother to move on. Cried a bit, feeling their pain and then spend sometime thinking about the women who couldn't become mothers, women who lost a child, children who lost their mother, children who have a bad relationship with their mothers - a reminder to cherish what I have.

meepre, Thyagarajan and indubalram like this.
  5. kavikuyil

kavikuyil Bronze IL'ite

Personally, I don’t believe in celebrating Hallmark holidays. So we don’t celebrate it. My kids do some arts crafts in school that they share and I’m happy to see their creations (just as I would see any other day).

Thyagarajan and indubalram like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Mother’s Day celebration started with. Theme to celebrate motherhood but was it necessary to recognise mothers’ efforts in the universe. Mother is half of father if we o by hindu pantheon.

Many such days are warranted from view point of marketing useless product forcing through media to feel a need for those products in the name of gift affection celebration respect regards et al. Mothers irrespective of wehether their wards care for them or not she’d affection and demonstrate in every best way to their sons and daughters.

Sometime I used to brood, why I have born as a male? In the next janma, I wish to be born as a strong brave courageous comfortable girl so that I can be a mother- and see ward’s celebrate!

indubalram likes this.