Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Chithramma, en deiyvame:bowdown Today suffered a bit on my health. vomitting bitter water and then realised it was pitha vaandhi. medhuva computer on panni checked your home remedies. thank you.. i've drank the lemon kara juice. i am already feeling better.

latha

2. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Mint Mazhai!

Hello Mrs. C

Made Mint Pulao for lunch. No need to say it was dhool. We loved it a lot. I made it in an open vessel. My daughter loved it. Had it with vadam.
    That itself was fine. The aroma was simply superb.

Thanks a lot.
    Regards
    GK

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear chithra madam,
    yes'day night 25/9/08 becoz itz midnight:crazynow i made Dilkush cake,really superb taste,thank you so much,after a long time i have started making your items..

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

My Dear Chitra,
    I am glad you still remember me:wink:. I was keeping my fingers crossed. I did decide to take a break for obvious reasons that I mentioned the last time we spoke. Now first things first,I made

Tomato paratha- followed all your instructions in making the dough. I did use my grinder attachment. I had no idea that I owned this in my kitchen.Superb simply soft and enjoyed it a lot.

Rajasthani dhal-to go with TP,so creamy and delicious without too many ingredients.

Orange rasam-you guessed it right:thumbsup how can I overlook rasam. I won't say more about it you can figure it out.

Carrot moong dosai- very quick colorful and both my kids loved it.

Tomato corriander chutney to go with it. My specail thanks to C's mom. Today I purchased more leaves to indulge.

It feels like good old days to come back to your forum.Will see you soon,I mean here,maybe in Chennai too,God willing. I am not thanking you every time it seems too formal.

With loads of love,

5. gayathrikartik

gayathrikartik Senior IL'ite

Iyengar Puliyodharai!

Hello Mrs. C

Made Iyengar Puliyodharai today. There are no words to tell:rotfl. I wonder how adding the same ingredients will give a new taste. But it did. I felt it on the spicier side but the taste and aroma reminded me of the Perumal Kovil Puliyodharai.

My hubby is running a little late and I couldn't wait for his arrival. Had my dinner already with Seppankizhangu curry and vadam of course. Also skipped thayir sadam as i had more of puliyodharai.

Thanks a ton for sharing the recipe.

Regards
    GK

6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chithra,

Today for our dinner, I made Carrot cheese Paratha, needless to say it turned out superb and delcious. I made Dhaba Palak dhal to go with it. The preparation of dhal took less than 30mts and was very good. Since I used grated cheese, I made Square Parathas. I enjoyed making the parathas. Now I have mastered the art of making the dough in food processor. So now as you say, paratha making has become a child's play.
    Thanks for sharing yet another tasty and healthy recipe.

Love and regards
    Priya

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Chith

Baked salt and ginger biscuits, made lapsi kozhukattai and tomato thokku.

The salt biscuits taste :thumbsup. The lapsi kozhukattai and thokku combo was good. I had to adjust salt and chili powder amounts for the thokku though. I didn't know kozhukattais could be made using lapsi. Made some Iyengar pulikaychal also.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Latha,
    With 2 kids to manage, you just cannot afford to fall sick.
    Try to include lemon, ginger & dry ginger in your cooking, ofcourse, only in moderation. I powder dry ginger and keep always, adding it to buttermilk or even in dhals (wee bit), besided some sabjis. Include ginger in plenty. If there is a slight nausea even, put a pinch of ROCK SALT (KAL UPPU) & bite it & swallow. It helps.
    Take care, Latha.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Priya, sneha Priye,
    Being a brinjal-lover, Kathiriakkai saadam is always on my priority list!! :)
    These powders are best prepared fresh for a good taste. Vangi bhath is the Karnataka cousin of the above, equally tasty. Babyraji brought it for me in S'pore - it was just "perfect" !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Re: Mint Mazhai!

Dear GK,
    Believe me, right now Mint rasam is cooking in my kitchen.
    I buy, pick, clean, wash & pat dry well by spreading on a cloth. Then, now I store in a tissue in my Lock & Lock!!
    Yes, the aroma is too good!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.