1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Changing Perspective

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No one is stupid, no one is clever (all perceptions are incomplete)…

"In a train, two children were running here and there. Sometimes they would fight with each other, and at times they would jump on top of seats.

The father, sitting nearby, was lost in his thoughts.
    In between, when the children looked at him, he would put on an affectionate smile, and then the children would again get busy with their mischief and the father would keep looking at them lovingly.

The co-travellers of the train were upset by the children's playfulness and annoyed by the father's attitude. Since it was night time, everyone wanted to rest.

Seeing the running around of the children, a traveller could not stop himself and exclaimed to the father, "What kind of father are you? The children are behaving so naughtily, and instead of stopping them you are encouraging them with your smiles. Is it not your duty to explain to them?"

The father paused for a few moments and said, "I am just thinking how to explain it to them brother." The man said, "My wife had gone to her maternal home. She passed away yesterday due to an accident. I am taking the children there for the final rites, and now I'm confused how to explain to them that now they will never see their mother again."

Hearing this, everyone was stunned. Let alone saying something, nobody was even able to think straight.

- _The children were still engaged in their mischiefs._

- They were still running around in the compartment.

- _There was no change in the atmosphere, but those children were no longer looking like undisciplined kids to the co-passengers but were looking like soft young flowers, on which everyone wanted to pour their love._

_*The father was no longer a careless person*,_ but now *he was seen as the father and the mother of two children, saddened by the separation of his life partner*.

A change in perception leads to change in attitude.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Very touching

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viji @iyerviji
    I am still not able to get my mind off this post. I am past 80 and ashamed that I am yet to hone my perspectives to reality

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

It is very difficult to think about some situations and they even give tears. Yes, a change in perception / realization makes change in our reactions towards to other's situation.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I endorse here. Appearances are always deceptive!
    Thanks and Regards.

Cheeniya likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I read a story. A couple in zoo happened to see two monkeys coaxing and cuddling. She pointing this to her hubby, "what a lovely couple!" Her husband filled with sloth & inertia, least excited. When they reached another spot, found the Lion face quite covered by mane lying idle by side of a lioness. Here too she remarked that lion is lazy fellow. Her husband picked up a pebble and threw it on lioness. No sooner it fell close to lioness, the lion roared & darted toward him standing outside the towering cage.
    He took her back to monkeys still in romance. He picked up another pebble from ground and threw sharp on to the monkeys. The male monkey moved chaotic leaving at once his partner in love and jumped high and rested on atop the tall grilled cage.
    She asked him why did he disturb them.
    He responded that male monkey was enjoying with partner but when trouble came he deserted his partner and ran away to his safety. Whereas the lion did protect the partner when lioness was disturbed by outsider.
    Appearances are Deceptive!