How Soon Is Too Soon To Resume Work After Baby Birth?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

True. 18m PP and I still feel super tired. Maybe I'll never get the pre pregnancy energy level.
    So agree with this Anika.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    anika987 likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Ha ha.. Just like that! Been a bit in a comfortable space past few weeks (after the previous thread of handling too many things).
    Did you say 18 years? Lol. I'm already exhausted.
    **Yeah I think I can still crib here n there about Motherhood after infertility struggle. :D
    100 100. I mean too many standards on parenting,motherhood especially.

3. Anusha2917

True. Like everytime I complain about not being consistent with my exercise my husband says once the lil one is X years probably we can be consistent. I disagree. Parenting is a life long Commitment with different challenges at different stages. Now it's all about balance.

4. Anusha2917

We can't conclude here that she's not bonding. As I said in one reply here it's all about balance.

Some are extremely talented in maintaining that balance. (I'm bad at it though) .

Reason I posted this is somewhere in the small portion in my heart I felt "she could do it and I wasn't able to ". Not exactly going back to work in 12 days but balancing things.
    Well it's different for all. Isn't it?

5. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

This is a very important point that you made. The whole working women progressing their careers and pushing the boundaries should not be taken as one size fits all approach. Only when we respect everyones' unique situation, their personality, their dreams and choices ..above all what works for you as an individual and for your family as a unit takes precedence.

I did slow down both times after my pregnancies and it came naturally to me. But I also grew restless like you are now once baby is growing up and becoming more and more independent. I have few friends who did not slow down at all in their careers and in-fact took their big promotions right after maternity leave ! Personally I would not have done justice but I admire them and also was happy with myself at the same time.

It is like following trends, while you in general do consider what is trending in fashion you still will only wear what suits you and makes you comfortable !

Anusha2917 likes this.
  6. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Its not about just being a good or bad mom and finding a balance but also about giving rest to your body(in case of Bharti ) ..Reading all your post ladies i feel i m extremely lucky to have been working from home and taking care of the baby ..if you find a good support and / or day care i think the work has to continue and you cannot quit.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

There is two aspect physical and emotional part. With my first kid I wasn’t ready to go back till 7 months but with my second one went back to work after 12 weeks . I pumped till a year and breastfed both my kids when I was at home . I also hired a full time helper for my second kid starting from 6 weeks and transition was way easier while with my first kid I waited till last minute to find nanny. I was physically fit second time around and watched what I ate than first time . I think with proper preparation and support system we can resume work anytime .

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Punjabi women are strong and deliver naturally and able to move around as if delivery is like a cake walk. When they daily exercise muscle and put their limbs to tough work for suchwomen day’s after pp is just normal. They may carry the baby to work so that bf is made as & when baby choose. Baby sense the mother’s scent and so carry on ...

Long ago I read that a Russian rustic women delivered a baby while gathering wood in the forest and with her tree cutting tool she cut the umbilical card and proceeded with her wood gathering.

Hollywood movie apocalypto delivery scene comes to mind. A strong forest women delivers baby standing in water in a well while pouring rain raises water level up to her nostrils...after delivery she is back to routine!

This topic engaged me with link
    Postpartum confinement - Wikipedia
    Where I read and learnt a lot about working women managing riding two horses .
    There is a school of thought claims pregnant women would be more comfortable, less stressed after delivery, if she stands and delivers when gravity come to aid the baby movement thereby reducing the pushing effort from mother. Like wearer knows where the shoe pinches, only women who already had delivered naturally or c section can be more authentic in these matters.

Anusha2917 likes this.