1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies Only: Are Ladies More Prone To Utis Due To Intimacy

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by SuiDhaaga, Apr 19, 2022.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I’ve been triggered because a dear relative is suffering from UTI

2 weeks of Cipro 500 mg twice daily did not work

Do ladies have more UTI because they are more intimate, ie intimacy out of marriage, out of relationship is nit frowned upon. After all, women are free to choose to live as they wish (well, relative to other societies)

But I am reminded by brief yet painful time when ex was cruel and abusive during intimacy. I won’t go into details, but once he did it so hard and I was too tensed. He blamed me for being tensed.

Then I was passing painful and bleeding urine.

my ex gave me one of his medication (I don’t know which one it was) and the pain went away. I thought this was love

my relative (who had suspicions about my ex, I was in denial) scolded me for not seeking professional medical help

Is UTI caused by intimacy because husband, boyfriend, someone a lady meets at a bar, etc simply does it too hard and does not care if you are suffering in pain.

honestly I have no one to ask in real life. If I ask on US-based message board I will get trolled and ridiculed

please answer this seemingly dumb question

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Women are more prone to UTIs because their urinary tract is much shorter than men’s. It allows bacteria to enter more easily as a result. That is why they get infections more readily than their partners.
    There can be many other causes of UTI including diabetes, medications, cysts and so on.
    If your relative is not feeling better after a full course of antibiotics then they should ask the doctor to order a urine culture, if it has not been done already. This will identify the specific bacteria so the medication can be targeted accordingly. UTI can be difficult to eradicate in elderly patients. If necessary IV antibiotics can also be given. They are stronger and can be more effective than oral antibiotics.

3. SuiDhaaga

Right now he has appt with Urologist (new Urologist) in 4 weeks. We are trying to get earlier appointment because he is suffering in silence.

I will see if current Urologist can order culture (he wanted to do a cystoscope instead, if the Cipro didn’t work —- it sounds scary!)

I can understand the pain because I endured it myself, albeit briefly.

The worse pain is when no body gives a damn about your pain.

I hope Urologist can fix this soon

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

UTIs have a direct connection with intimacy. That's why it is important to keep your private parts very clean.
    But intimacy is not the only reason behind UTI.
    Because UTI is an bacterial infection. Women are more prone to UTI because their urinary track is very small compared to men. So, if entered, bacteria can reach the track & even the bladder causing serious bladder infection.

I had UTIs when I was newly married. Those times, we used to have frequent IC, and not necessarily cleaning up properly after each time.
    Then my Dr advised to wash the private parts before & after IC with soap, and make sure I urinate every time after IC
    He also advised my H to clean his private part before IC to make sure we are bacteria free.

I also drank a lot of cranberry juice and increased my water intake in the coming days to avoid UTIs.

For your info.... Anyone can have UTI, including kids and unmarried virgin girls. It doesn't mean girls with UTI have an extra marital affair. It doesn't mean improper IC caused UTI.
    It is just an bacterial infection

5. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

I can only tell my personal experience. I have never suffered UTI.

The only man I've ever had sex with is my husband.
    So I can't tell if having more partners/ sex before marriage leads to UTI.
    It can increase the chances but not compulsory that it is due to sex only . I have seen some newly married women get UTI just after marriage, so yes, sex can cause it.

But virgins also can get UTIs. Like use of unsanitary public toilets. So I have always been super super careful when using any public toilet anywhere. Nowadays , many sanitary products are available to help with this issue.

I feel UTI can also be due to low immunity. As I've seen mostly older women having UTIs. I think they have lower immunity.

The main thing is to always keep as clean as possible, always washing thoroughly after using the toilet, and drying with towel every time. Second is peeing after intimacy every time.

Sorry for how your ex treated you , he is a worst person. Always remember to go to gynec. I know in India gynecs may be too judgemental about premarital sex so maybe that's why you didn't go. But it is always better to go to doc whenever anything unusual happens to health. Health is most imp.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

I am in US and I am scared of going to ob-gyn

When I was pregnant I was most sensitive and Doctor was nice but Nurse was a very nasty to me.

I don't feel ready for anyone to examine me down there. Too many bad memories.

I think Karma is getting my ex. But what difference does it make to me at this point. Want to more forward. But when bad things happen to other people and something similar happened to me, I get triggered.

I remember crying in pain when I urinated and there was blood.

Who wants to be alive under those circumstances? Every time I think about the pain of urination I start crying.

I didn't realize one can get UTI from public bathroom, but that makes sense. And worse part is when I was in India few days after I got married, my ex took me to place where there were dirty bathrooms, instead of clean bathroom. I was in love and thought it was simple misunderstanding.

He knew very well where the clean bathrooms were.

Maybe because of these bad experiences I am so sensitive to other's sufferings.

Luckily Urologist office sent paperwork to be filled (this is this shirtless Doctor from other thread). Hope he can help relieve pain and suffering once and for all!

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can go to a practice that is only Gyn: many gynecologists do not deliver babies so they don’t do the OB part. Look for a female doctor if it will make you more comfortable. The medical assistants are usually women. You should have at least the yearly well-woman exam.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

The last ob-gyn place were all women. The nasty nurse was female. They were secular religious group, so they were partial to their own (cannot blame them, it is inherent in their culture, and they admit it)

I'll still uncomfortable about being examined down there, but it is good to know about "gyn-only". I thought it was only ob-gyn