1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

So sorry to hear that .. hope you feel better soon. I am hearing about the rashes symptom first time too!!

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

So inspiring !! I wish and pray I join the club too .. But I have to start first ;)

Afresh and Srama like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Afresh ,

Hearty Congratulations. So proud of you and happy for you for reaching the goal. The goal and the lessons learnt along the way matter for, they help us with the next set :)

Can't wait to see your updates again. Let's do this!

Afresh likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Bummer @Gauri03 !! I hope you are all better and getting back to routine!
    Hope you are ready to get back on the wagon. even as I read your update, in my head I was going you need some downtime too. Relax and let's start when you are ready....no, no I am not saying all of us can start together (though that will be awesome!!) ...I will start posting soon.

Afresh and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

An update from me ladies - the hardest part is behind me, for the most part at least - I wound up the ed of semester watching DDLJ for the millionth time and KKKG - still crying like a baby, wishing love for everyone in the world :) My DD can't get over how I can do this, cry I mean even when I know the story and even the dialogues. School is still crazy but then May is on its way!

While I have not been all my goals, what has become a habit is - intermittent fasting, water, workout of course! I will restart as I barely followed through for a week. I will also repost a new set of goals. This is going to be a hard 75 days to keep up as there are some travel plans or relatives visiting....but happy to take as it goes and comes ;-). Can't wait to start my updates.

Afresh and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hello Guys !!
    Ahh... i am missing my consistent challenge and the consistent posts both ;)

I would like to however, in my defence say , that things have not been so smooth and, what do you say .... the word..., enabling ( still think there's a better word for this .. with a c but moving ahead ...) for yours truly to have continued with what i wrote boldly in my last post about this not being my farewell post!
    Lest you all worry ... i still do not intend to say adios!!
    It's just that the fam including me ... a week later my last post i guess... all fell prey to the most heard word in the previous 2 years!!... yup you got it right...the dreaded Covid .. and so everything got pushed and now when i tried to stumble my way back with more enthusiasm than recommended ... i seem to have pulled a muscle (at the least) around my knee...

So you see i do have some justification for MIA , however they are all excuses lest i get back to the coveted model!

Pray for my words converting to action soon :)
    And for the nth time.. please never stop posting twinning stuff!
    Though please do note i stopped short of the 'wish for the love for world' while copying the quote ;)

But i think i am falling in love with you... having read you conquer your fear of the zip line and get the emotion through and through with the description! (might go to that thrread... not as meticulous as you @Srama )

Anyways, back to business, how are you guys @Srama @Gauri03 and @NOW holding up with things... not necessarily limited to context of this thread :relieved::relaxed:!
    Hope all well and stellar !! hoping ot hear back soon and keeping up with it too!:beer-toast1:

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Afresh Sorry to hear about the Covid but glad it's behind you! Don't skip those knee conditioning exercises. As is the mantra on this thread - we'll see you in your own time. : )

June is almost here. School will soon be out and so will the sports seasons. Looking forward to stepping off the treadmill and smelling some salty air. June is all about travel so I'm not sure how well I will be able to keep up with the challenge. Nevertheless I feel antsy so I know it's time to start again. I know myself enough to be aware that my mind best responds to clear targets. I've signed up for a half marathon in late October. Once I know where I need to go I find it easier to channel to my energies in that direction.

* Workout: 3 days running, 3 days strength/weights, 1 day yoga (60 minutes)
    * Learning: Language lessons and/or music 30 minutes a day.
    * Meditation: 25 minutes
    * IF window: 8am - 6pm
    * Water: 2.5 liters

As always, all goals will be open to reassessment to stay au courant with the eccentricities of life.

Afresh and Kohvachn like this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Afresh,
    you were in my thoughts just yesterday and lo! here you are! Happy to see you with updates. Sorry about covid but super glad it is behind you. And no need to defend at all - do what you can and post when you feel good about yourself and what you are doing. I cannot emphasize enough that thanks to the challenge, I am able to stick to some activities. It has become a life style.

Life Gauri mentioned, June is a busy month for me as well. Though she is busy with kids and sports, while mine are grown up, I am busy with some visitors from India and so travel :) I have been telling myself that the day I do 10 surya namaskaras, I will consider it my first day and nope, I have not done that yet. But I have been consistent with water, IF and exercise. Rest all come and go as they wish. I will start updating as soon as I start following routine. I am inclined to start and say if there is a break so be it! Let's see if I can do that.

Thank you for the update - it has energized me as well. You do bring that freshness. See you soon.

Afresh likes this.
  9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thank you guys @Gauri03 and @Srama
    Apologies for the delayed response!!
    Been gone a long while
    I am resolving to limp back(literally) to normalcy soon and would get on with my small consistency challenge
    As of now trying to follow for past 2 days the core of the challenge .. suryanamaskar mainly ( same as earlier)!
    Looks doable as of now .. fingers crossed
    another ditto.. i had just been doing this for 2 days when i pulled that muscle!

Happy summer spending with family and I would also follow suit !
    I also might be soon taking a small break from work to enjoy some much needed family vacay time! yay

Take care and hope you guys are enjoying your vacays!

NOW and Srama like this.
  10. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

@Gauri03 .. i wonder where all picturesque places you would find for your travels as apparently you live in the prettiest places.. with the gift of hiking anytime you wish to :)

Kudos to you as always! and i just know you would do it!!
    A big thumbs up