1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I am glad you wrote that! It makes it little easier to own up my time and output too ;)

Srama likes this.
  2. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

4/5/22:
    Study: DONE(30 min)
    Meditation: DONE (5 min)
    Pranayama: DONE (5 min)
    Workout: DONE (20 min)
    Water 2L: DONE
    IF: DONE(12 hr)

4/6/22:
    Workout: DONE (55 min)
    IF: DONE(13 hr)

4/7/22:
    Workout: DONE (50 min)
    IF: DONE(18 hr)

4/8/22:
    Workout: DONE (60 min)
    IF: DONE(12 hr)

Afresh, Srama, SunPa and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Welcome back ladies! Always motivating to read your updates.

It was nice to take a break from tracking. Gave me a chance to see which habits persisted without active tracking and which started to slip. Meditation and water are the two that come effortlessly. IF works when I work from home. The days when I go in to work things get messy. With everything opening up there are more events to attend and impromptu post-work hangouts that make it difficult to stick to the eating window. Sleep is still my biggest challenge. The race, just a 5K, was a success. I finished without incident, which was all I was hoping for. I was bracing for the knee pain to return in the days after the run but my knees have held up *finger's crossed*, and I'm nervously excited about attempting a 10K in the next month or two. Strength training has been my savior.

Goals for this round,

* IF 14:10
    * Stick to a strict 10pm bedtime
    * 45 minute workouts per day (including 25 minutes strength training, 3 days a week)
    * Water 2.5 liters per day
    * Meditation 20 minutes per day

Will add a couple of others but want to ease into the routine first.

Here's a meadow of Lupines, from a recent hike. Hikes are getting tougher as the temperatures rise. I might swap a few hikes for a weekend swim. We didn't get any rain this season but the wildflowers always find a way to bloom. There's a lesson in that for us on this thread. Circumstances are never ideal. We persist despite them.

Lupines.jpeg

Thyagarajan, Kohvachn, Afresh and 2 others like this.
  4. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Hello wonderful ladies !! I am happy to see all of your updates. Especially @Afresh @Kaput @SunPa ..WAY TO GO !!
    I have royally fell off the wagon, what I was doing back in Jan & Feb. It was physically and emotionally draining dealing with parents' health issues, new role at work, demands at home & kids schedules .. I resorted to victimhood and laziness knowing very well I am dealing with emotions about things out of my control.

Past couple of weeks I have been focusing on the work and everything else is suffering including my personal well being. I am going to try sincerely to get back and keep moving forward. I will keep posting !

@Srama hope you have bounced back fully and feeling your usual self. @Gauri03 isn't it another layer of challenge with going back to work on top of everything? But I guess it is good in the long run to be back in office after 2 years !! I may have to go couple of days a week very soon.

I will keep the same goals a before as I am yet to work on all the goals except intermittent fasting and reduced caffeine which come so naturally to me now. I have definitely learnt a little bit about my strengths and weakness in last 3-4 months and I think taking a jab at the challenge albeit a failed one is a good start !

Sleep - 7 to 8 hours
    Intermittent Fasting - 16:8
    Meditation - 15 mins
    Exercise - Run or video workout session or long walk

Limit caffeine - one black coffee + 2 green tea
    Journaling - 5 mins
    Reading - 30 mins

Srama, Afresh, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Welcome back @Gauri03 !
    and such quotes are why i miss you on the thread! your posts are motivating to say the least!

Congratulations!! Well done and all the best

Came here and saw that my earlier posts i posted seem to somehow have not made it to the thread!
    It was a welcome to @SunPa and welcome back for me to @Srama

Circumstances have been not ideal as always and i have also not behaved ideally these recent days but then such is life :)
    Posting my updates in the next thread

Hey @NOW
    Its ok i do so understand that , they do echo with most :)

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Day 65 : 5rd April 2022

IF : 14:10
    Suryanamskra : 3 sets
    Mediatation plus pranayama : 15 mins
    Book reading : Newspaper done
    Walk :done

6th April 2022 : Nah ☹

Day 66 : 7th April 2022
    Suryanamskra : 3 sets
    Mediatation plus pranayama : 20 mins
    Book reading : Newspaper done
    Walk :done

Today was better energy with time in hand

Day 67 : 8th April 2022

Suryanamskar : 3 sets
    Mediatation plus pranayama : 20 mins
    Book reading : Done
    Walk : done

Day 68 : 9th April 2022

Meditation plus pranayama : None
    Book reading : Not done
    Walk : Done

Day 69 : 10th April 2022

IF : 12:12
    Book reading : done
    Walk : Half Done

Day 70 : 11th April 2022

IF : 13:11
    Walk : half done

Day 71 : 12th April 2022

IF : 13:11
    Book reading : not done

13th and 14th April : Break

Day 72 : 15th April 2022

Meditation plus pranayama : done
    Book reading : newspaper done

Day 73 : 16th April 2022

Meditation plus pranayama : not done
    Book reading : newspaper done

Day 74 : 18th April 2022

Suryanamskar : not done

Day 75 : 19th April 2022

IF : 12:12
    Suryanamskar : not done
    Walk : awaited

So this past week/2 weeks has been more misses in terms of the established goals

However, can’t bawl much on these as realise the body is not going along with the daily demands of the home and work also to the full.

The first priorities need to be solved for to be able to work out the other goals

I feel a bit of a cheater here while recording the last 2 weeks and hence the 75 ;) ; coz honestly a long break from work and additional things taking up mind space didn't let me focus on recording my daily goals consistently too!
    However, lots of positive takeaways from this daily goal setting. Consistent timing is one consequence ; goal nagging leads to just spare a few mins here and there to sit through and finish with the demands some times when one doesn't let it happen at the regular scheduled times; Also food habits do improve once we set out certain goals in mind as unknowingly they become a part of your routines, as a consequence of certain drill we need to follow early morning
    I would like to add that personally, i have always been a morning person and even with that happening mostly without thought, this kind of consistency check made me stick to the same routine timings more than what I generally found myself with earlier as I tended to slack off at times allowing some ill intentioned symapthy to self !
    Not to say that i don't slack off but then i am trying to embrace those too !!
    So al l in all its a winner!
    Am really not thinking of wrapping it now and might go ahead with this daily progress recording
    Goals have changed along the way too, though they have not necessarily made it on this page but i dunno how but recording it here just helps to substitute one activity for another too at times!!

So anyways i allow myself to feel almost at the fag end of my first 75 days drill!!
    Thanks most to @Srama and @Gauri03 both for coming up with and sustaining such a thread!:clap2:

Re iterate
    It's not a farewell write up ;)

Srama, NOW and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Gauri03

Welcome back @NOW ! You've certainly had a lot to grapple with. I wouldn't feel too down about shuffling priorities to make room for more urgent practicalities. C'est la vie. Your willingness to keep trying is inspiring. I have no doubt that sooner or later you will see this challenge through!

Srama, NOW and Afresh like this.
  8. Gauri03

Yay!!! Congratulations @Afresh ! Getting through this challenge is no mean feat! You had so many opportunities to quit but you persisted. Give yourself a well earned pat on the back.

Really glad you included that last line! : )

Srama, NOW and Afresh like this.
  9. Gauri03

Barely a week since I started going back to office...and I got Covid. Have a sore throat, some congestion and horrible red welt-like rashes all over that itch like crazy. Doc says it is one of those uncommon Covid symptoms. Never heard of anyone having symptoms like these, but that's me, winner of all the shitty lotteries. Anyway I am using this as an excuse to lie around and watch TV. No goals and no tracking for now. Will start updating once I start feeling more like a human and less like a feline scratching post.

10. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Aww! Thats rough !
    Seems like its on the upswing everywhere now!
    Good news seems like the mild form of it... barring the rashes that you are having to deal with.
    Do rest , relax and hydrate well to recover !
    Hoping you 'cool' down fast!!
    Take care dear

Srama and Gauri03 like this.