1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Initiate Intimacy

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by sadwife, Feb 11, 2022.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi.
    It has been quite some time now there has been no physical intimacy between DH and me. He busy with work as usual and myself busy with kids, etc.

DH did mention few times that he is going to initiate it but it's not convenient having to attend to a baby every hour. I plan to initiate today but I don't know why I'm feeling very shy to do so as this is not going to be the very first time I'm initiating it. I have initiated few times before and he will just follow suit.

But this time I need to tell him we need to go to another room as kids are sleeping with us and not very small anymore. And one more main point, we are a bit upset with each other for the past 1 week due to his mother's issues. So I feel kind of embarrassed to approach him. Overall he is a very nice guy. Should I or should I not initiate? I'm also at the time of the month that I'm having the urge to get physical with him.

Pls advice.
    Thanks

Trisha14 likes this.

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Go ahead and initiate.

Trisha14 and sadwife like this.
  3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

We went out last night. Came back home a bit late. Watched movie and went to bed late too. Kids took some time to sleep off. So never initiated anything. Maybe today. Thank you ☺️

4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Please do not think of it an final exam that you take to pass. imagine it like a living with your child ( WELL NOT YOUR DH AS CHILD). but just a analogy. You should not shy to show your affection all the time. try to initate that in your life slowly. your love language is physical touch looks like. so try to have maximum during the day. men are visual. dressing well helps.

main thing is you are enjoying the process not thinking like a task and reward.

sadwife and chanchitra like this.
  5. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Yes, I agree. We used to be like that before but slowly reduced after having kids. Need to start all over again. And I believe it's healthy for children to see their parents are a happy and loving couple.

6. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

Why is that even a question? A BIG YES!! It's your right to ask for physical intimacy when you want it. GO ahead and initiate!!! Guys like that! Have fun.

sadwife and chanchitra like this.
  7. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Haha.. yes you are right!