1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t People Feel Guilty?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

I think lust and influence is what keeping them from thinking about family

anika987 likes this.
  2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

OP now you are working ( seen from old posts). trust me you will notice lot of patterns in social meets or even professional. this is not just a straight way path. lot of men and women seduce in lot of subtle ways at work . it does not mean everyone does. i have been approached indirectly a lot of times. it is kinda evil. because sometimes the people find who is emotionally vulnerable.

anika987 and chanchitra like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

In my last job ..I had an experience that way a little too blatant but luckily the guy got another job in a different company and within a month he left..Good riddance! Felt bad for his wife though..

Marriage or any relationship is based on trust.

Real love is not singing romantic songs or talking for hours non stop..Infact it does not even require communication!

Real love is being respectful and concerned about the better half and not dishonor the trust no matter what!!

Temptations will be there but love should be stronger than that! If it is strong..no matter what happens or who we meet it will not be dishonored.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    nandinimithun and Madhurima21 like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I remember a story..it goes something like this..

A man was so drunk and he went home.
    His wife hates this drinking habit.

The next day he got up scared what fight will erupt but surprisingly the wife was very sweet and made him hot breakfast and a sweet letter telling she loves him and that she will be back from grocery within an hour.

He was surprised and asked his son what had happened last night..

The son replied “Dad! Yesterday you were too drunk and out of your senses.When mom was trying to remove your shoes..you yelled “Get your hands off me lady! I am married”..

I always thought the above story was sweet.Even when knocked off his senses..the guy remembers his wife..

(On a funny note..maybe the guy though drunk bad..was too scared of his wife to cheat!:lol: But he did have guts to Drink:laughing:)

Madhurima21 and MalStrom like this.
  5. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

I agree with you Anika, cheating is cheating , no two ways about it.. Yes there are flirts ( very subtle ) at workplace.. I always feel bad about their spouses..One of my colleague told me that she knows her husband flirts with other women and as a revenge she does it too.. I didn’t know what to say… But if the mild flirting goes to a full fledged affair and relationship, what’s the point in still being married to one’s partner? I hope the wife in your original post finds peace, happiness and lots of confidence in her life..

sarvantaryamini and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hmm true…life is full of temptations and tests our self control at many times..

Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

People give too many justifications for anything wrong they do.

Mistakes happen,we are all human etc but repeating the same mistakes knowingly does not seem right.

Looks like there is no such thing as conscience

7. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

The folks in OP's post are staying in US I believe. And when people stray nationality or where they stay doesn't matter. This is the story of my acquaintance's relative who live in Tamil Nadu . Husband and wives are doctors with two girls one in high school and other in college. Husband teaches at a college and started having affair with another lecturer who is a divorcee and ended up divorcing his wife.

8. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

I thought OP post was from India, but disagree that nationality or place of stay does not matter. Some of the laws and culture in US and Western countries will come as a shock to most Indian women. For example in Oregon and New Jersey you can have an abortion in 8th or even 9th month (till baby is born) without any reason or permission. Also entire procedure is free. All across US if a woman does not like her baby she can donate to nearest hospital or fire station without questions and without revealing identity within 90 days of giving birth. Adultery is legal and all divorce is no fault (i.e. behavior of partner does not matter). In most US states divorce is granted by default and by filling out one online form, i.e. any party can walk out of marriage and the other party cannot do anything to stop it. All US states have prenup and/or postnup preventing your partner from touching any asset you earned during divorce

What does all the above tell you? When its so easy to escape consequences of the affair, it means the people of that country don't think its a big deal to cheat. Very often I see Indian women come to US and praise all the freedom and rights but most of the younger ones (those without teenage or grown up kids) don't understand the society they are living in.

Laws are changing in India as well, but I don't think its anywhere close to US or Western countries. Court system is still old and broken and some judges have primitive mindset on divorce issues. I have not met any parent who will accept 9th month abortion for their daughter

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The guy and the lady are both residing in Chennai

10. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

The issue here is not about how easy or difficult it is to divorce. There are cases of open marriages. If the guy wants to have an affair let him have it but legally divorce and then do what ever why does he have to go behind the wives's back while she is assuming they are having a normal life. Why should one party be in the dark and unassuming while the other is having his/her cake and eat it too