Finest Posts - September 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

2. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

3. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lotus,

Once you nominate, the nominations stays here...unless it is absolutely irrational/unsuitable/obscene etc etc that we have to delete!!

Besides, a nomination from Lotus means that enough thought has been given to a particular post or thread, so no worries!

Though the thread you have nominated is quite old, its flavor can never be old or extinct. After all, each and everyone of us wake up everyday and dress for the day, isn't it?! Indoor or outdoor, we need to dress.

It sure was an impressive thread and thanks for the nomination.

L, Kamla

6. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Oviya,

Thanks for bringing VidyaArun's lovely post I still Remember those days......... back to the limelight.

Reading this piece that comes staright from the heart really fills the heart with so many emotions - love, longing, nostalgia, saddness.... the list is long.

Lovely post and thanks for bringing it here.

Luv,
    SS

7. SoaringSpirit

Dear Lotus,

Thanks for bringing one of Venus's masterpiece "The invisible Companions" to the FP.

Venus is an ace at narration. She has such an appealing and lucid style of writing. The topics she chooses to write about gel so very well with her writing skills - soft, touching and endearing. I remember having read this post and feeling so warm knowing that there are people like Venus who remember and think about the people who have made a difference in their lives.

I could not help but write a long winded FB to her post because it transported me back to my childhood reminding me of all those people in my life who had in some way (even if small) made a positive impact in my life and whom I had forgotten with the passing of time.

Lovely post and lovely nomination.

Luv,
    SS

8. SoaringSpirit

Dear Lotus,

Thanks for being an active nominator here and bringing gems to the FP. Your nomination of Mals's "It is not a good sign! Do you agree?" is welcome wholly.

In today's time when materialism is rampant, when people are becoming so hung-up on money and it's fleeting pleasures; we need bold and caring people like Mals to show these "rich" people their true worth and place in society.

As much as it is appalling to come across people like Naina, it is equally appalling if people like us just silently stand on the sidelines and watch Naina without doing anything about it.

We need more Mals's all over the world!

Thanks for bringing this to the FP Lotus.

Luv,
    SS

9. SoaringSpirit

Aishu dear,

Thank you so much for bringing Devika's wonderful poem "Live with Love as you cant turn back Time" to the FP.

The less said about Devika's poetic and writing skills the better! Not because there is not much to say but because her writing leaves me not just speechless but also short of words! There is so much to say about her heart-touching writing skills that I often cannot find the right words to express my appreciation for it. Her writing touches so many different hues of life and it does so in such a warm and endearing manner! She is a master of her art!

I absolutely loved this poem and took some mental notes for myself to follow in my own life! If it were not for you Aishu, I would have missed this gem. Thanks to you for that.

Luv,
    SS

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.