Places of Interest in SEA from Singapore!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by jyothy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jyothy

jyothy New IL'ite

Hello llites we r planning to Thailand , would u please throw some light on me by sharing ur experiences . Travelling, accomodation, food , shopping.........thnks a lot and waiting for ur reply.........

cheers,
    joy.

2. orchid

orchid New IL'ite

Hi Joy,

Which place in Thailand r u planning to visit. I have been to Phuket , its wonderful place and there is a grand show called Fantasea accompined with a buffet dinner where you could taste varities of thai cuisine. You can also visit James Bond Island , Muslim village. For more details you can visti this link.

Phuket Fantasea Show - Specail Rate by Online Booking

3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Touring neighbouring countries from Singapore....? Check here!

Hello all,

I would like to know the details on booking hotels and site seeing to these two places and is it possible to go to these visit them in 3-4 days time. We are planning to go during Diwali holidays. Also, can you tell me how much it might cost approx. for a family of 3?

Thanks
    Poornima

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

re: Touring neighbouring countries from Singapore....? Check here!

Hi Poorni

Sorry for the late reply. I have been to Cameron highlands but not to Langkawi.
    For cameron islands by deluxe bus We payed around $800 for 2adults+1kid. 3days stay .
    If you plan for Diwali holidays you should have booked by this time. Hurry up and dont forget to post the experience.
    Also Anu went there and there was a thread about Cameron.

Happy Holidays!

5. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Thailand is a beautiful country with lots of very friendly people. Our hotel in Bangkok was jus great (I will look up the name). We visited amongst others Bangkok, Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Bridge on the River Kwai, small villages. elephant resort, Golden triangle (Birma, Laos, Thailand), Pattaya (in my opinion not worth visiting!).
    The food in Thailand is just excellent I just love the thai fish cakes, papaya salad, tom yum soup and many many more dishes. Even if you're a vegetarian you don't need to worry.
    We booked our tour through a travel agent, it was package tour.

6. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

Thanks for the details. Did you book through an agent? If yes, can you pls PM their details? Hope we will not be late...looks like the place will have a lot of people.

Bye
    Poorni.

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Poorni

I booked through Five Star Tours. Will pm the phone number, so that you can go to the branch near your place. However, if you see the ST classifieds, lots of agents are advertising. Kindly check that too.

One important thing, you need to have a valid malaysian Visa before booking the tickets/reserving.the agents will do it for you. It takes 4 or 5 days for the visa to get if you do not have it already. So when you go to the agent, bring all the passports, ICs, 2 passport size photos, BC of your kid so that you dont need to go again and again.

8. jyothy

jyothy New IL'ite

thank u helipatel and chandramukhi............for ur inputs...........
    so nice hearing from u .....and we r aswell planning thro' travel agency.........bye

9. anuusri

anuusri New IL'ite

Any one recently visited Batam Island from Singapore?

Hi.

Just curious to get more details about the trip,cost,facilities.
    What are the places can be seen with Family, Kids in week ends.

Persons from Singapore holding EP can visit this country?

10. ashavarma

ashavarma New IL'ite

Re: Any one recently visited Batam Island from Singapore?

Hi,
    As far as I know, there aren't many places in Batam that are tourist attractions. Most of the facilities like spas, golf course etc are provided by the resorts. Other than that, batam is most noted for its nightlife.Ferry is the mode of transport from Singapore- takes 40-45 minutes- and since Indian citizens can get a visa upon arrival, you don't need to get it beforehand.