1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Women's Day :hello:

I remember my young wife’s advice when I had a crisis situation in the office. I contacted her in her office for solution to overcome the proble. I had put it down here that experience in
    Spouse & I - Ship In Unchartered Territory

The woman performs the role of wife, partner, organizer, administrator, director, re-creator, disburser, economist, mother, disciplinarian, teacher, health officer, artist and queen in the family at the same time.

Every woman plays a key role in the socio-economic development of the society in one firm or another.
    Happy women’s Day.

upload_2022-3-7_7-19-57.jpeg
    Positive approach of women to life as it happens, making the best of each moment in this world of battle-field.

Attached Files:

2. Thyagarajan

The video removed but it is in circulation in WhatsApp. I was inspired by The speech of the ripe old lady in that video. She a teacher in her eighties or nineties . I found later that It is copyrighted and hence I had to remove from UT THIS uploaded video.
    I AM GLAD THAT TWO FELLOW MEMBERS HAD VISITED here and trust that they had time to view the video when it was available here.

3. shahpriti

shahpriti New IL'ite

It is a year-long responsibility to support and celebrate women's rights. It is even more important to stand up and be vocal for the equality of women in every role. It is an ideal day to talk about the incredible contribution of women to society and how they stand firm in the face of adversity. Sending wishes for the women in your life on this day will make them feel extra appreciated and special.

You can send heartfelt congratulations and thank you notes to your mother, wife, girlfriend, friends, sister, co-worker, your house help and all those lovely ladies whom you have made your life extra special.

[​IMG]

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for the message here and in a font size that is more appealing to senior citizen like me.
    The floral decorated huge 8 is very impressive accentuating the pink message - a sign of robust health.
    I trust you had opened the link I cited in the post and read it.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Women's Day Special - March 8, 2022.

Today there will be big speeches on Women's Day, ballads will be read on the contribution of women, cards will be sent. Somewhere far away some business savvy would be filling his pocket.

Long Live Marketing.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

womens-stages.jpg
    Happy Women's Day to all the Incredible Women out here...
    Be Strong, Be Bold, Be Confident, Be Independent, Be yourself!
    Not just this Day but Everyday.

மண்ணில் மங்கையராய் பிறந்திடவே நல்ல மாதவம் செய்திடல் வேண்டுமடி!

KashmirFlower and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thanks. Let me too join in wishing all fellow members of indusladies Godspeed in their endeavours.

BTW - When Men's Day is Due?
    Regards.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Madhurima21 likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Did you ever wonder why there is not International Men’s Day? There actually is such a day, by the way—it’s on November 19th, but there aren’t too many people marking it.

The reason we celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8th each year is that the other 364 days look quite a bit like men’s days. In fact,globally women spend more than 6 hours a day on unpaid work ,while men spend just an hour or so similarly.The unpaid labour gap is unassumably large in developing countries.

Men seem to be bothered now about losing even one day March 8th- from their sphere and exclusively allotted to women.Can they tolerate 50-50 equality?

It is altogether a different issue whether 50-50 equality will really favour women as expected or be more harmful.In fact educated and employed girls and the so called 'empowered women'face more problems in the society than the 'Sit-at-home moms'.It is a cause of concern whether 'women empowerment is a farce and is more a curse than blessing.

It is a subject of much concern that while the number of educated women has increased,the number of employed shows a steady progress,the gender gap remains the same as it was 50 years back.The number does not show real improvement.I don't know how this statistics is taken.

In many houses most of the money earned is distributed between the drunken husbands and sons imitating fathers.May be there are exceptions.

It is a sorry state of affairs that women even now favour male progeny .Even the medicos prefer only a male child.

We await a golden period,when a situation arises that that there is no necessity for celebrating Women's Day.
    Jayasala 42

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Dear Madam Sister @jayasala42
    I agree with your pov.
    Your response is LOL too.
    The women’s day celebration would go on as long as commercial interest mixed with that.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  10. Jaysree

Jaysree IL Hall of Fame