1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Ailing Ukraine?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 27, 2022.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

volodymyr zelenskyy: Russia-Ukraine crisis: Zelenskyy slams NATO's decision not to implement no-fly zone over Ukraine - The Economic Times Video | ET Now

This is the same NATO which they want desperately to join. Now they are seeing the true colours of all these big leagues. And all this war, destruction over this. The day people learn to live and let others do what they wish (so long as it does not interfere with their own rights) there will be peace all round.

Seriously, nothing seems to make sense.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I got to know this from times now and India today channels.
    Moral: Enemies at closer proximity is better than friends afar.
    World is now watching with bated breath.

When Indira Gandhi engaged India in war of liberation of Bangla desh, USA WAS IN the OTHER CAMP: it sent Enterprise to threaten India! But Russia came to our rescue by sending their advanced submarines to Indian Ocean
    Diego Garcia impelling Enterprise to Move away toward Indonesia.

indubalram and satchitananda like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Our prime concern, Satchi is to evacuate our people. We cannot do that rub either party the wrong way. Neutrality is the best sytance. BHut we cannot escape from making judgements or having views on what is happening.t

mbharani and satchitananda like this.
  4. satchitananda

Agreed, that is precisely why we at least need to politically present a neutral stance. Though seeing the privileged behaviour of our youngsters (who conveniently refer to themselves as 'bacche' - 18+ adult bacches who know how to foulmouth their own country abroad), I wonder why the tax payer's money is being wasted on them. They are not happy about what is being done for them, not happy with the aircraft, not happy with the food provided on the flight ..... better to leave them behind in Ukraine.

Of course all of us have our own views, but in this situation, I find it hard to side with any one party - neither seems to be an angel - damn, it is hard to even know whose narrative to believe. Am glad I am not a judge!!!

5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I don't think it's a simple decision for NATO to come in and implement no fly zone. This will be declaring war on Russia directly.

From where you sit, how do you feel about someone like USA directly attacking Russia with weapons.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Putin Saves the world what a joke.

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.

Desmond Tutu

MalStrom, Mistt and Thoughtful like this.
  9. satchitananda

The choice would be between the mouse's 'appreciation' and the elephant's rage. The mouse will not come to save me, nor will it mouthing platitudes from the sidelines (like the NATO or the US) do very much to save me (in this case, India) if the behemoth decides to trample me. Sometimes, silence is golden.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    Thyagarajan likes this.