1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Amma And Appa!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear sister Meena,
    Tears welled up as I read and I read your jotting through tear lense.
    With such a sad heavy load on chest, how could you remain composed to compose such a nice prose to convey the last week passing away of your beloved mother!

You did good to offload your thoughts of grief & delectable moments you had from child hood with mom.

A tribute - a mini biodata of mom - that reminds me of my beloved mom too who too lived almost like your mom as an altruist always.

She too loved one and all.

Grief & sorrow when shared gets divided you know.

God keep you robust to bear this irreparable loss.

I sense from your note that sadness & humour are sometimes inseparable.

meenasankaran and Viswamitra like this.
  2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena,
    Meenu and humour are a combination...that is how I used to picture. But this time there was a lump in the throat after I finished reading. Namaskarams to Amma and appa who are great souls.Blessed you are. They are always blessings to you from up above.
    Remember them with fond memories. Thought they are not physically with you they are with you always in your heart.
    Syamala

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena,
    such a touching post , so well narrated, inspite of the deep sorrow of your loss of precious parents within a short spell of time. As in life, their blessings would be with you always. Take care.

meenasankaran and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Dear @meenasankaran
    Please accept my deep condolences! I pray you and your sisters are given the strength to bear this irreparable loss. Om Shanti.

5. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I cannot describe in words how I felt while reading your post while digesting news about my parents' health ! I could picture your mom in every sentence you wrote and pined to be with my own parents in that moment. I am very sorry for your loss but they will continue to live through you and your sisters and next generations forever..

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,
    Heartful condolences to you on the loss of your dear parents one by one.I am reminded of my Amma who was an embodiment of wisdom.In addition to the band of visitors daily, she used to prepare dosas of 20 inches diameter to all the devotees nearly 200 in number with chutney and sambar during pancha prakara utsavam in the village temple.I have
    written around 100 pages about my dear Amma., about her mathematical knowledge and how she helped village women and slum dwellers to undergo safe delivery,when there were no hospitals in the village.Academically she studied only upto 3rd standard but she had magnificent intelligence and problem solving skills that cant be described in words,
    Understandable is your mental agony.However much we have read Gita, loss of nearest ones shakes us.

Jayasala 42

7. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Heartfelt condolences! May Almighty give you strength to go though.

meenasankaran likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for your condolences. Your kind messages brought comfort to me at this very strange phase of my life. For me, the recent losses included not only my parents but a mother-in-law whom I loved like a mother. Unlike the predictable TV serial mother-in-law, mine sported no fangs and spouted no nonsense. She was an extraordinary woman of mental strength who chose to love me like a daughter despite my long list of shortcomings. I have been very fortunate to have had them all in my life and will keep them alive in my memories forever.

My father was an enthusiastic reader of all my blogs and his last wish was for me to get off my lazy behind and continue writing at regular intervals. Hoping to do that going forward.

PS: Thank you Viswa sir and Viji aunty for your nomination. :worship2:

Yumna and joylokhi like this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meena,

It was painful at the same time comforting to read your post. I have lost my father and was not able to say my good bye. He was my cheerleader and everything. Thank you for the beautiful tribute Meena. Lots of love and hugs to you.
    Vani

meenasankaran likes this.
  10. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

As the wise say, time is really the only answer Vani. As we inch towards the annual ceremony dates of my parents and my mil, I finally find myself thinking about them without bursting into tears. I still miss them like crazy but thankfully, am able to function once again. Your dad will always be with you. Hugs to you too.

Thyagarajan likes this.