1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Self Love And Personal Growth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nuss, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

@nuss felt like you have written this snippet for me. Much similarities. Outgoing sister, curly hair me, insecurities as a kid, accepting myself now(my curls especially), fighting demons etc etc :)
    You have expressed it beautifully what self love means to you. A great snippet. Happy that we all get to a self realisation phase where we accept ourselves.
    Happy new year and Happy Sankranthi. :)

nuss and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

@nuss

Happy Pongal.

Self love in whatever means it be -our own love on us, others love on us gives us confidence, positive vibes and boost us more to move forward.

Great snippet. I do have frizzy hair but it's my husband who makes to go to parlour to take care of it. Then till it wears off you should have seen me going round and round showing it off :roflmao: infront of him.

Apart from that I love myself more not physically but mentally. And I love myself for that mental strength i have got

nuss and Viswamitra like this.
  3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thak you! Yes, acceptance takes a while but I guess that's what maturity is about. We learn that we're focusing on things that aren't in our control instead of enjoying what we have!

I love my older self !:)

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

That's great, Caide! Sometimes, loving ourselves is much harder than loving others. I am learning to appreciate my healthy body and sharp mind.
    My husband has never been bothered by my hair or whatever. I am so fortunate that my husband loves me for who I am and not who he wants to see me as.

Whenever I ask him (not often :)) what made him ask me to marry, he always says- "your sense of humor and intelligence. You are so smart and yet so humble."

I may have my doubts but I have decided to take it at face value :)

Viswamitra and DDream like this.