1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Hamilton Beach Professional Mixer Grinder

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by madhat, Jan 27, 2022.

1. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Has anyone used this mixer grinder? My preethi breathed it's last yesterday. I like the 110V north American series Preethi in stn steel. But trip to India is not happening in the near horizon. The India stores here are selling this Preethi for close to 300 $ and then comes the 13% tax here. With the full price it would cost me 135$ when I get it from India.

So I came across this Hamilton Beach which was introduced in India in 2019 and came to N. America last year. Wondering if anyone has used it and has their views on it. Do chip in if you know anything else please. thanks.

https://www.costco.ca/hamilton-beach-professional-juicer-mixer-grinder.product.100823449.html

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Preethi is available in amazon.com, if interested.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  3. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

since I am in canada, I cannot order from .com because i will be fleeced with import and shipping and duties. I also did check the .ca website for the preethi I want and the price is 340$. With that much amount, I would rather look for something that is common place with the people here than get an indianized one for that money and go looking for replacement parts later.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Preethi-Steele-3-Jar-Grinder-550-Watt/dp/B01C706PJK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=SI8GNMO8GML9&keywords=preethi+mixer+grinder&qid=1643223317&sprefix=preethi,aps,95&sr=8-2

4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

How about Vitamix. I am big fan with 10+ years of usage. Still going strong which I use at least once a day.

madhat likes this.
  5. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

will check it out. Even that, the price might come to the same as this Hamilton Beech right? Which model are you talking about? Would like to check it out.

6. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

7. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

At the cost of sounding like a smart aleck, i have come to believe Benjamin franklin's:

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”

We all have our own beliefs and no one is wrong.

I would ask you to check on store if it were not pandemic. They might have lower prices and different models at costco wearhouse. Also Vitamix is something which does come in $100 to $150 price drops at Costco. If you can get by with a cheap $30 blender from JCPenny until then, that would be one way to approach it.

But I would go out on a limb and say Vitamix is worth the price. They also come with insane warranties like 7 years or something like that.

8. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

let me check costco in store. Here in Canada, we are limited varieties compared to the wide selections which are available to the americans.
    My post also was to know if anyone has this particular mixer.

9. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Thanks for bringing the thread to the right place again. I actually went and read the specs after you pointed out. Particularly the grinding of the Idli batter piqued my curiosity. ( doable in vitamix also ), but i prefer the wet grinder.

Interesting product. Might work for you:

10. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

yep. saw all these reviews and more videos even by the americans who are bowled over by its soup function. It apparently heats up the soup while grinding and gives you hot soup. Thats why I wanted to ask if anyone has used it here.
    Me too, I love my elgi ultra for idli dosai batter.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022