Can I Escape To A Planet Where There's No Covid??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

POSITIVE AGAIN!!

I dread Januarys because last January I was positive with a 3m old. This january my husband n baby are. Though I am negative I suffered more with terrible terrible body shivers. Felt like I'm never gonna recover at all
    .I recovered in a day because only if I tell myself I'm doing good I can look after the two at home.
    My new job joining got delayed (all I had to do was be here for a week to finish on boarding formalities ) and go back to my city to work from home until further notice.

I'm angered , frustrated, irritated ,every possible negative emotion I have. I have started hating this world so much!!

What the hell is with the double doses of vaccine??? I mean is it a scam?? Why the hell they don't work?

Just venting!!

Our family is doing fine. Just that every phone call I'm dreading because we stayed with my husband sibling in new city, everybody in their house is positive. Worried about 74 year old there(SIL's MIL) .
    We did move to service apartment immediately after having symptoms but the virus was faster to attack everyone.

His other sibling n family in our home city is positive. My in laws are with them and having all symptoms though they haven't been tested yet.

I'm just hoping all of us are out of this. Need some positive vibes and prayers for the recovery of the old people at home.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can very much relate to your situation @Anusha2917. Don’t worry all of your family members will recover very soon.

I still haven’t seen my baby since 1 week!!!
    Everyday I just hope to escape somewhere there is no illness and only happiness!!

For me December seems to be the worst since past few years, but 2022 proved it wrong!

meepre and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I feel your frustration Anusha! Rest and take care of yourself too.

Don't feel guilty for husband's sibling's family getting infected. At this level of spread it is impossible to pinpoint exactly where the infection started. In any case they would have contracted it sooner or later. Both my parents tested positive last week and they have lived like hermits for 2 years. Thankfully they are on the mend now. Just found out MIL is positive today. I get positive case notifications from my kids' school every single day! The daily scramble to test is getting frustrating. People around me are testing positive like falling dominoes and there isn't much to be done about it. I feel a sense of resignation at this point. If we get it, we get it. Biding time and hoping the disease becomes endemic in a few months.

Hang in there! All will be well soon.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

If its not already obvious, vaccination is a big sham ( and I am not shooting from the hip on this one ). My blood boils when I think about how the heads of Pfizer capitalized on the pandemic. But we can't do anything about it.

So much for power of choices.

That aside,

the hope is that the virus is getting weaker and less potent.

Hope is all we have left.

May god be with all!!

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Unfortunately no one knows the solution but we can learn from the past

Anusha2917 likes this.
  6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Anusha2917 Hang in there. With vaccination, the impact of Covid19 is much much lesser. A lot more people I know have gotten covid in the past 1-2 months and all have recovered nd are pretty much back to normal. Unlike the last time incidences of hospitalization ,long covid, or prolonged recovery is way lesser.
    Just deal with the current day, you will get thru this.
    Sending positive vibes , hugs

Amica, Anusha2917 and Rihana like this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I pray you all get better. How hard it must be fir the children.

On another forum I expressed that I was scared of COVID even though I am vaxxed, and I was immediately mocked and harassed.

This is no joke.

God Bless you all. May you have speedy recovery and be safe with your families.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The vaccine will protect you from hospitalization and severe effects of Covid, but not necessarily from testing positive for the new variant. Some anti-vaxxers are spinning the fact that you can still get infected with Covid as proof that vaccines are useless, but they ignore the fact that it protects you from the worst of the virus. Hopefully Covid is on its way to becoming endemic so it will join the pantheon of the existing respiratory viruses.
    The elderly still need to exercise more caution, but hopefully OP and others who test positive at this point will recover quickly. The quarantines are the most difficult part right now.

9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

To be honest in USA every one is tested positive. Schools are opened and nothing is closed here, kids bring germs to the home and everyone is affected at home. I took more precautions in the Christmas break no vacation but once the school is opened, we all tested positive at home which made me frustrated.

With vaccine at least we are in mild to moderate symptoms and slowly recovering.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Lots of prayers and positive vibes Anusha. Yes it's so frustrating. Wish this corona leaves the world soon.

Anusha2917 likes this.