1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Us Citizenship

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 24, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I have us citizenship.
    But my question is when did my husband get US citizenship without me even signing papers ? I did not even sign any papers for him. He just showed me a video of his ceremony after he got the citizenship . I mean for any Indian getting US citizenship that too after 5 years of marriage (he was here in US 1 year before marrying me ) isn’t that a special event. ? Which I was not a part of. Neither did I know I was signing for it ? What would you say ? I feel aweful.
    Betrayed.

I did not even sign the papers. When did he get it and how did he get it and he did not even take me to the ceremony. Did he forge my signature. He took me to a training session for us citizenship which I signed but I did not know if was for citizenship !

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Why would you have to sign any documents for your husband to become a US citizen? Once he got his green card he was eligible to apply for the citizenship on his own after 3 years. The only thing you had any control over was his green card if he acquired it via marriage to you.

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner