1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Hijack And Banter - 3

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Nov 20, 2019.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

After that special lunch and some rest, wife can ask for ginger chai, or a walk or something her interests.

wife will make special lunch
    Husband can do tea.

shravs3 and Rihana like this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Resuming full time work after a long pandemic break is hectic. It tires me out these days.
    Plus no household help like in home country. Having to maintain a clean house, cooking, and working is just too much for a person who has enjoyed the luxury of domestic help back in home.

So, i expect my H to do the laundry and keep the house tidy at least on Fridays, so that i can relax & enjoy the weekends by giving him special treats :)

My H is a stay at home spouse and he does enjoy cleaning works. So the request is happily accepted

Thyagarajan, KashmirFlower and Rihana like this.
  3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

How about a good body/foot/head massage?

KashmirFlower and Rihana like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 I get tagged in a thread that refers to Maddy of 2001 and Maddy of 2022.. I start to compose a reply, then slowly come to the thread, and it is closed!!! :yikes: Not nice to put a woman through this rollercoaster on IWD, I tell you. :grazy:

Mind Is A Trickster..

Do people get swayed by social media and movies etc? Absolutely. All the time.

I see people posting their spring garden starters and sigh... I make plans to go plant shopping this weekend, and then realize it is daylight change weekend, so an hour less available. : ) : )

Continuing that plant envy... there is actually a FB group for curry leaf growers and it has 55K members currently. : ) They prune the 10-15 feet tall curry leaf trees and throw away piles of cuttings that are more curry leaf than I have used in a lifetime. : ) Those prunings result in a bigger pile than my rose bush prunings. : )

NYT Wordle ... I aim only to complete it, not how many tries it takes. I simply plug in my set of 3-4 words. My FB friends share their skills of cracking it in 2 or 3 max attempts. Aiyo.. it takes away all the joy of my own unbroken streak.

Hiking... so I am doing this challenge of one hike per week for a year. If someone posts better pictures of a trail than I got, I actually go again to that trail, on a cloudy day for better pictures. :facepalm: And I never do anything with the pictures, they just remain in my phone ...

And I won't even get started about the women who post "quick, flavorful, healthy and delicious" easy recipe and pictures after cooking that "sumptuous" and "filling" whatever on a cold and rainy winter day.

curlytweethere, SunPa, Anisu and 3 others like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You are right!
    But the question is how many of them get affected by the social media posts to the extend of deactivating their accounts or breaking their heads over other person's social media post is very subjective. As far as I know, not many people go on to deactivate or switch off their social media accounts for this.

@Rihana your hiking challenge reminds me of my weighloss/diet challenge.
    I get this instant urge to lose weight or go back to a healthy diet each time I see a success weighloss story in social media. Be it a movie star or a real life friend.
    It just impress me too much, that I copy their diet program in the coming days without even thinking whether I actually need to shred any kgs now.

But, I never deactivated my account in FB or insta just because some of my friends have turned back to good shapes.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: LOL.
    ROFL too.
    In T Nagar Venkat Narayan Rd Chennai - a lady conducts weight loss programme with few equipments and render advice on diet, food & nutrition. She offers at a price Supplements - a herbal+millet mixed fine powder to be consumed periodically during the regimen.

She advertises about weight reduction regime in largest circulated tamil magazines weekly and monthly.

A very lucrative & remunerative biz. My spouse & her unemployed-friends joined her programme that ran for about 90 days.

I happen to "look" at them in a get-together organised and held in my hovel before and after those 90 days regimen.

From a ear-shot distance, I heard them discussing in soft tone - the futility- of their joining that WR programme and no success in that assured reduction in weight but money they shed - a few grands of course.

But they were determined to recover the money lost. In that brain-storming session, they hit upon a brilliant idea. Jointly they started the "weight reduction" business and in few months they had recovered their investments and the amount paid to the T Ngr Lady.

Funtastic Ladies! But to their wonderment, they observed in few months of their keeping themselves busy during course of the day - siesta time included- & conducting (pseudo!) classes for weight-reduction facilitated shedding substantial fat in their waist line and gluteus muscle.

But the paradox is few of those who got trained by them incredibly shed their Weight substantially which itself gave them word of mouth publicity.
    Such is the power of ladies when they collect together.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    anika987 likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@MalStrom, thanks for this timely reminder. I was about to text something regrettable to an annoying cousin. :facepalm:

MalStrom likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Amica likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@MalStrom, you bring back good memories! Shared experiences are indeed the strongest glue.

MalStrom likes this.