Finest Post Nominations - January 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

We shared our views maami :thumbup:

iyerviji likes this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

This lovely post from @iyerviji Memories

I wish I was exposed to this type of happiness in the beginning.

I wish lot of ladies were exposed to this type of happiness in the beginning.

How life would have more happiness and peace/

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks for nominating but since I am a nominator my post cant be nominated
    Anyway because of you I think many will read my post

Rihana, Caide and SuiDhaaga like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - Talking about who packs your parachutes, sometimes when a poster is confused about something serious, another comes along with important and rational advice. It’s extremely difficult to be rational when in an emotionally charged environment. A well balanced opinion can make a huge difference at such times. @1Sandhya is practical and rational and has always given posters practical guidance. Her post Where To Report Domestic Violence. gives the OP important tips on getting help while staying calm. I’d love to nominate this post for FP.
    I hope the OP and women like her find the help and most importantly strength and support to live a fear free life.

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa uncle,
    Thank you ever so much for the nomination. Thank you.
    Vani

6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Rihana. It means a lot.
    Vani

Rihana and iyerviji like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

iyerviji likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - I don’t usually nominate the same poster twice. I also don’t usually nominate two posts from the same thread. Exceptional posts are so hard to pass, especially when they are genuinely helpful. @1Sandhya has posted very important information regarding Abuse and Battery, the difference between them and also the reporting strategy. I am nominating her post Where To Report Domestic Violence. for finest post.

How many times have we seen women post about abuse but without proof of prior incidents. Keeping peace is all well and good but safeguarding oneself legally is a very different ball game. If it isn’t recorded, it didn’t happen. It’s very important for everyone to keep this in mind.

I hope this post can be made a sticky for women in this situation.

1Sandhya and Rihana like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@SuiDhaaga, it is rare for shorter posts to get nominated This one by @HariLakhera packs such a life and perspective altering message that I can see why it caught your attention:
    Do Prayers Help?

"Since then, I do not ask anything in particular but only Sukh and Shanti. It covers everything. I leave it to Him if He is there and listening to decide what is Sukh and Shanti for me."
    Sukh and Shanti... What more can one ask for!

HariLakhera likes this.
  10. Rihana

Whenever @SGBV comes back after a gap of time, we find her posts getting nominated for FP. The posts can be about another country, a life experience or solid advice for issues that members post.
    What a lovely narration of birthdays past and the milestone one by @SGBV
    Special Birthday :)
    Wishing you abundance, happiness, sukh, shanti and a memorable year, SGBV. Also felt nice to read that your mother has a mini sewing machine in the new place.

What a find, Viswa! When I read some threads in Relationship forum about problems that seem like an endless cycle, I wish there was a magic wand to wave the problem away ...

@SGBV's response in How To Deal With Disappointment? does more than any wand can do. It dissects the issue and gives the OP there tangible steps to follow and slowly emerge from the situation. Thank you SGBV.

HariLakhera and Laks09 like this.
  11. Rihana

Thank you Laks. All of @1Sandhya's responses in that thread have so much crucial information. These two posts have been nominated:
    Where To Report Domestic Violence.
    Where To Report Domestic Violence.

I have read Sandhya's posts there a few times and each time struck afresh by the do's and dont's listed in them. The way police and law enforcement works in the U.S. is very different than how it is India. For all that guidance, definitions and details to be thus distilled down and presented in an easy to understand format is a huge help for any woman (or man!) experiencing domestic violence in the U.S.

A big thank you to Sandhya for taking the time and effort to post all that she has. Sandhya not only posted her first response soon after OP created the disturbing thread, but followed up with a status check, and also shared more knowledge by responding to the points in @SuiDhaaga's posts.

I just have to post these two excerpts here:

"Don’t feel emboldened by their presence to threaten your husband. Don’t say stupid things to him like ‘see now I will teach you a good lesson!’ in fact don’t speak directly to husband at all. A threat you make in the deputy’s presence carries more weight than a reported threat."

"Btw I wrote all that so you and the others read and understand the US laws. Kindly don’t go and blurt all this out to him and make empty boasts of what you can and cannot do. You will needlessly alert him and next time he’ll be more careful. This is information for you and the other women here."

1Sandhya and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.