1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With Disappointment?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Needtobestrong, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ladies...don't know if it's hormonal or what but from some days I m feeling somewhat sad and anxious...2 ladies known to me ..one who is much junior to me and one more who is more or less my age but both less knowledgeable and less experienced than me got job offers and doing well.. i m not jealous of them...just thinking how I should get used to disappointments and accept it...I have become somewhat detached from my husband and atopped expecting him to appreciate me at all...even i expect him to fight with me twice a day atleast and I actually feel surprised if he talks to me decently any day.

2. aks12

aks12 Bronze IL'ite

The main issue here might be that you are missing the normal days of yore that you shared with your husband. The office/work seems to be a way to get back to those old days you shared with him. Would it help if you sat down with him and discussed things?

Needtobestrong likes this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Don’t compare. This is the main problem.

Compare leads to expectations, self pity, negativity, brooding, depression. It’s the beginning of the slippery slope.

You can tell yourself you ‘need to be strong’ hundred times but as long as you continue these habits of comparing with others and feeling sorry for yourself you are being your own worst enemy. These two things are weakening you.

Needtobestrong and KashmirFlower like this.