There's No Such Thing As Evil Eye But Do You Sometimes Wonder?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Sep 9, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Go with your instinct.

I believe this.

A very close relative shared in FB he has landed in USA to do clinical rotations. He didn’t share with his closest relatives who are his cheerleaders, but with idiots on FB.

He didn’t get into two of the rotations he wanted.

I double his friends in India and our extended relatives (even in USA) are his well wishers.

Hope he gets whatever medical residency he wishes.

Also I limit interaction with relatives. When you need them they will disappear.

This Dhirsti stuff is real but what is scientifically proven to ward it off, I,e we PREVENT by limiting interaction, but what is the CURE if we are attacked.

shravs3, stayblessed and Rihana like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

I hope this got fixed now.

3. SuiDhaaga

Bad stuff likely happens to me when I tell coworkers, (esp one with daughters around my age who are spoiled and pampered, yet want to be handed an IT job) but I am not aware of it.

Now I stay away from coworkers (unless I can get help from a KNOWLEDGEABLE coworker). I do notice some mild improvement in life (touch-wood, God-Willing)

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I am a believer of dhrishti. The sad part is, we can avoid outsiders, but what to do when it's within family? Sometimes I feel frustrated but then chide myself after a while that I shouldn't give more credit to the evil eye factor than my trust in God and that he will take care.

shravs3, SuiDhaaga and Rihana like this.
  5. stayblessed

Don't know if this will be of any use to you now, but you can use rock salt for removing evil eye. This is the easiest way to do it. Take some rock salt, close your hands and then rotate around your child clockwise three times and anticlockwise three times. Then wash it in the sink. While you do this process the child should not talk and after you finish the rotation, the child should move from that place. If elders are not there, we can do ourselves, like you have to do for yourself and your husband has to do for himself. For children you or your husband can do.
    There are various other ways which is hard to explain. But Google it. You will get your answers

Mehana and Rihana like this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

Also if someone says I have pretty dress, I tell them I like their blouse. A relative chimed in and told my “complementor” that it looks like she lost weight. She says she has been at the gym.

If someone says I look young for my age I say thank you, it is genetic (but we deal with lot of health issues)

I’ll water down their complements- I dunno if this helps!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    stayblessed and Rihana like this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

Don’t chide yourself

God helps those who help themself.

Do your best to avoid, distract, deflect and God will do the rest

stayblessed likes this.
  8. stayblessed

Thanks for your kind words

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

No I’m in even more worst state than I was few months ago!!! Baby got hospitalised for 2 weeks and after 2 weeks I’m down with covid although mild symptoms. Im not even carrying my baby :sweat: Had to cancel my tickets!!!! :coldsweat::coldsweat:

Ok all these things started right after a get together event.. :BangHead:

My India trip was supposed to be a memorable trip with my LO but turned into a tragedy!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Don’t know if it’s really working because they have been doing it for my baby since we came to India :rolleyes: But he has gone through so much pain during past few weeks. Why dint any of the Drishti protect him?

stayblessed likes this.