1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayushmann Khurrana's Starrer "chandigarh Kare Aashiqui" Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Caide, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Felt good to read this post about Ayushmann Khurrana. An accurate summary of his career and film choices so far. A very talented actor. I feel like going back and watching his older movies Vicky Donor & Dum Laga ke Haisha again as now he is even more a familiar face.

It is hard to choose from his movies but my two favorites are Article 15 and Bareilly ki barfi. Andhadhun also was good.

On a side note, today (January 21st) is his wife, Tahira Kashyap's, birthday. She is also an inspiring personality, having waged a battle against breast cancer and shared her journey candidly: Breast Cancer Awareness Month: ‘Nurture yourself,’ says cancer survivor Tahira Kashyap

Check out this short montage video Ayushmann Khurrana posted to wish her on social media: For Birthday Girl Tahira Kashyap, Ayushmann Khurrana Opens A Box Of Memories

The movie Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui was nice to watch. Good to see such a topic is no longer taboo in movies. Both he and Vaani did well. However, I found the story a bit "thin" on substance. Some parts like his too-much-loving sisters, the loud Zumba songs, and how his opinion changes just like that made the movie an "ok watch" rather than wow like Article 15 was.

Caide likes this.
  2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

Thank you and glad you took time to read it and posted comment for it.Vicky donor and dum Lage ke haisa are very lovable movies. I myself had a feeling to re-watch it.

Article 15 is really a very good movie. And I was wondering how higher officials would react to it as all knows it indeed a really a hard thing to make movies of which not the people but so called officials react to and stop them from streaming. (And more over it was a true event based story)

Thank you for sharing the links about his wife's cancer fight and his love for her. I really didn't know about it. I only knew abt his songs and films (a little bit about his career)

And yes , now it is good to see that people kind of accepting BL concept. And his movie "shubh mangal zyada saavdhan" did tell how they personally feel, parent's view, how they are trying to adopt to it and accepting it is shown thoroughly.

Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui- as you said the movie does had those flaws and "ok-watch". But what I personally felt was the way how it has been portrayed. According to my knowledge it is first time I am seeing this kind of movie in our indian film industry. And apart from the usual awkward scenes the writer, director made sure that the real facts of this is story be it trans girl operation, her pain, insults are not too deeply portrayed which makes anyone raise board to the stop movie from streaming. But they did show the overall concept of it in collaboration with ayushman's character which made it more watchable.

Overall it was pleasant and the idea of prediction through both movie and trailer, I felt like it was indeed a good move. And I felt like they should have shown doctor's perspective of it and the advise she gave him. But it again might raise problem.

So they have made a good move in combining the concept, making the viewers know the pain of the protagonist and added spices(sisters, families views) plus fun(though it was heated conversation between protagonist small sprinkle of fun was present in that) made it good entertainer with message to accept the people as who they are, respect them,ofcourse not to overdo or overthink the competition but to go for it and love is always love why to name it something else.

I think I made you to spend time and read t again

And though I haven't watched super deluxe movie yet, I have seen scenes of vijay sethupathi and Gayathri. It is really is commendable. Both are different story plots but both movies made very good attempt on story and nailed it

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022