1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Update From The Previous Post

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by AditiShining, Oct 16, 2021.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Thanks @Viswamitra ji for this update.
    I didn't know that leg massager exists. I searched online to help OP. There are so many models in Amazon. Not sure which is the best. Let us know your experience

I have an electric heating pad for pain or cramps and a chair( cushion attachment) massager for upper to lower back massge- very useful. So I thought there may be something for legs too. I like the one with heating option.
    I hope DILs get a break from leg massage and MILs or anyone can enjoy it anytime:).

Make sure you have enough vitamins including D, B complex, potassium, magnesium etc in your food or take supplements. That can also help. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@DDream

I have come to know about this only from your post. I have seen chairs with leg massagers in Malls but they are expensive. This one is pretty useful as we can do it in any chair we have at home. I do have cushion attachment massager for back already gifted by my son for my birthday. I know my feet tingling is because of the back pain I have for a long period of time. I will definitely supplement with all the vitamins you have suggested. Most physicians are suggesting Turmeric supplement which we take in plenty in our normal diet everyday. :)

DDream likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Hope you feel better soon. Turmeric is very useful for many issues. But it wont work all the time. In my case, I have eliminated it from my diet because food sensitive test showed that I am immunologically-reactive to this. Never imagined it:(. I believe, what works for one may not work for others. We need to find out what's best for us.

Sorry OP for diverting from your post

4. AditiShining

AditiShining Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I thought of giving you an update. I didn't buy a foot massager because I thought my MIL wouldn't be ablaze to use it. But we got a maid for washing utensils. She agreed to massage my MIL's legs with oil. When the maid started massaging MIL's legs, MIL complained maid doesn't massage well. Maid is just 19 so I sat with the maid on floor and taught her how to massage the legs upto MIL's satisfaction. I basically massaged MIL's one leg showing her how to do it and she replicated on the other. MIL stopped complaining after the maid learnt how to please MIL with leg massage. now she is fine with maid's leg massage.

Now my MIL would ask me to massage her legs only when maid didn't come or skipped massaging. Which is hardly once in two weeks.

Rihana, Dishaa and DDream like this.
  5. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aditi, not buying the massager and training the maid to do the task are managerial skills any company would love and pay big money to have in a product or project manager. These are the qualities your achievement exemplifies:

1) Product taste: Having the insights and intuition to understand customer needs for a product in a given area. What product features will wow a customer or meet their core needs?
    2) Ability to prioritize: What is the value of a proposed product feature versus the engineering work needed to accomplish it?
    3) Ability to execute: Convincing and cajoling teams and different resources to get the product to launch, and then to maintain the product and support the customer base.
    4) Communication skills: Understanding and then communicating trade-offs to a diverse group of coworkers and external parties.
    5) Leading by example: Personally demonstrating the job to be accomplished.
    Source

You would make a project manager who is a strategic business partner focused on the stakeholders, a skilled motivator, effective communicator, an agent of change and able to work in the gray (navigate complex uncharted gray areas).

Sit back and relax yourself now and then. Get the trained maid to massage your legs too. Maybe when the ma-in-law is taking a nap or out shopping.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    AditiShining likes this.
  7. AditiShining

AditiShining Bronze IL'ite

Thank you ma'am! My MIL is quite tough to please. She wants her legs massaged in a particular way. Massaging calves by good force with cream/oil. Maid was not focusing on calves. I sat on the floor with her put one leg of MIL in lap and maid had the other leg in her lap. I showed maid by massaging calves and asked her to repeat on leg in her lap.

My MIL must be feeling like a queen when two women were massaging her two legs each!