1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time For Freebies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jan 17, 2022.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Time for Freebies.
    Elections in five States have been notified.
    I am or should I say, was, a voter from North-West Delhi.
    This is what AAP party leader Arvind Kejariwal said in an interview. I am not a supporter of the AAP party or for that matter any party. I have voted in the past for AAP, Congress, and even BJP. Congress did a lot of good for Delhi during Sheela Dixit as CM but there were a lot of things still in a mess.

So I voted for AAP for a change. However, I never saw the MLA in person, during his 5 years tenure. He never visited our area. So I voted for a Congress candidate.
    BJP nominated the Dalit leader Udit Raj and I voted for him. He however was a big failure and is no more with them.
    AAP party is accused of squandering taxpayers' money on freebees -free water, free electricity, and whatnot. Arvind Kejariwal says Delhi is a Surplus State because there is no more siphoning of tax money due to check on corruption.
    I am personally aware of this because I was a beneficiary.
    Water was free up to 20 KL consumption. One KL more and one had to pay for full, and that too at revised increased rates.
    Same-way, electricity was also free unto some 200 units or so. Delhi can afford it as it is a surplus State.
    Most of the States are heavily indebted. Elections are due in some of these states. All political parties are competing with each other to attract voters with freebies. This will definitely affect other development work, mainly infrastructure.

What do you say?

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kejriwal also provides quality education, healthcare( which somewhat went for a toss due to9 Corona. Acrually the 200 unit power scheme is good. It helps people use power soparingly and responsibly. And it applies only to domestic use Commercial users probabky compensate foir aby possible loss herfe.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Similarly 20 Kl water also. Earlier, people with no meters were charged 20 KL but actual consumption was much less. Now every such family has installed meters.
    However, it is also true that Delhi Jal Board is in a huge deficit.
    I heard Mr. Kejriwal saying good economics is good politics.
    But the other side is also true. Spending money on freebies hampers other development work. This policy of AAP may not hold good in all states.