1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Djo0kovic And Me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I fuind it difficult to believe this but I am in such a distinguished company . I and temmis ace Djokovic are saioling in the same boat!

No I didn\t run into him while on a pleasurab;e boat ride either in reality or dreamks. It is just that both of us are unvaccinated against COVIID 19/

Nope/ I am not a conscientious Novaxxer. I am not proudly wearing this fact like a medal While I would like to get vaccinated, cruel(?_ circumstances have prevented me.
    By that I mean frequent bouts 9f cold . which made my doctor put his foot down on vaccinatiu9n

My cold seems to have some kind of premonition. As soon as my RWA announced a vaccination camp. it returned to say hel;lo to me.

That was earlier/ Now Iam hesitating because , well, there is Corona. Sounds crazy? NBow Mr. Cold has been absent for long but I am just scared to go to a hosppital for shots thanks to Omicron. Hospitals are Corona hubs . With a fast spreader li8ke Omicron I could end up catching it at the hospital instead of protecting myself against it.

I found that the best protection against Corona is social distancing.Stay indoors , avoid contacts and you are safe. Even those who have got bith the shots have developed the infection but in my personal experience social dist6ancing has proved tobe the best prevention.

As an incorrigible optimist who believes that the glass is hal;f full, I see an advaantage in not being vaccinated. People who otherwise might have been a nuisance with unwanted visits stay away treating me like bubonic plague (Or is it like Omicron).

So when will I get my shots? What is the tearing hurry? As a gentleman (!) of leisure I don't even venture out. Maybe when the variants reach Omega, may bh then.

Viswamitra and iyerviji like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

I agree with you that going to a hospital is a perfect receipe to get Omicron, unless you plan to get the virus and build immunity by getting it. As you know, I have been vaccinated thrice including booster. 15 days back I had a acute abdominal pain and went to the emergency and they diagnosed me with umbilical hernia but I came back home with Omicron. Luckily, the effect of Omicron is mild and didn't bother me much perhaps because of the vaccinations. My surgeon appointment was canceled last week due to COVID and I am meeting him this Monday. Stay safe!

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa suggest you avoid hernia surgery or any kind of surgery7 unl;ess it is an emergency. Aperson on the operating table is more prone to infections than anyone else.Experience has taught me that the best shuield against nthe virus is complete isolation. And these times are ideal fior this. Technology has ensured that you don't feel lonely. You cqan always be in touch through phone and teleconferencing with those close to ytou. Y really don't need to venture out in thyis age of doorstep deliveries. Amazon and Bib Basket delir your provisions. OTT platforms deliver your entertainment. So the mantra is Stay indoors, stay safe except for those unlucky ones who have to venture out to earn a living. As long as you can work from home you stay protected

Viswamitra likes this.