In A Deep Mess

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shravs3, Jan 16, 2022.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,
    Just a vent....

I came to India few months ago to meet my family after long wait.

That feeling after meeting family after several years and especially in this pandemic can’t be described

Used to step out only when needed and most of the times used to leave my baby at home.

Just when we were about to leave India, unfortunately my baby got sick and hospitalised for several days due to some infection.

After all this now I’m having Covid like symptoms and literally panicking. I feel I’m in a deep mess!!! And not even able to book RT Pcr test because of high demand in the place I live.

Already my baby had some infection and his immunity is very less due to that.

I dint even step out of my home since 1 week and still I wonder why I’m facing the symptoms.
    I do know omicron is highly contagious but wondering about the source since there where no visitors too.

I’m seriously worried about my baby and other family members at home. So many what ifs running on my mind!!

Why me???!! Don’t I deserve happiness and peace in my life?

I want to get out of this dark phase in my life!!! Can’t tolerate it anymore!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    indubalram, Caide and iyerviji like this.

2. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Have faith in God almighty. This shall also pass. Like your little one recovered, his immunity will also improve. As you also know worry will not solve anything. Nowadays first thing comes in mind is COVID, it can be common cold. I will keep you and your little one in my prayers. Get well soon.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Prayers for you and your child for speedy recovery

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Be strong ma. If you can't book for test , for now try to check with doctors in online. Ask them your doubts on this.

I know you can't ignore the what if's running inside your mind but in addition to it check what you can do to our come it.

Keep trying for PCR tests and you can overcome it with your family

shravs3 likes this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shrav,
    I'm sorry you are going through this and I understand your feelings. Please try to concentrate on what to do and book for Covid test. Follow your physician's advices and try to avoid worrying.
    Stay strong and positive. I have faith in God and You will be fine soon.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3 I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better but the truth is the worry about covid is in our minds. In reality it's nothing to be worried about even if you notice symptoms in your baby.
    Having tested positive last january when my baby was 3m old trust me it was the hardest phase. The initial few days were hell. So many negative thoughts kept coming. I still don't know how we managed. But we did. It wasn't easy but it passed. Took solid 10 days to accept that it was covid. I kept thinking how I was in a deep mess, how I should have been careful, how I should have done this, done that. Honestly none of those helped. It made the situation worse.

Coming to yours, you haven't even tested positive yet. It could be seasonal flu and you can see that the city in India where you stay has this weird hot cold variation. And hence it is very common to fall sick. Don't break your head for the source. There's no point tracing it. Even if you test positive or anyone in the family is positive it's okay. You can fight it. Don't get into a loop of negativity. Enjoy with your family. Once you are back you will miss the family time .
    All babies immunity will be low. I experience it every now and then. Stomach bug, cold cough, lose motions what not. Every other month some challenge is thrown at us. We should understand that every new mommy is facing this. It's very challenging until they are a bit independent and fight any sort of infection on their own. Until then all the stress is on us.

Yes baby hospitalised can be so so stressful but please be on the fact that he is not in danger anymore and doing fine. Immunity low is fine and common and as they grow they will develop good immunity..
    Talk to your friends or close family who can cheer you up, you'll definitely feel better.
    Take care.

shravs3 likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3, my prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery. And for the good health of your baby and family. Stay strong!

shravs3 likes this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

@shravs3 , during the second wave, there was provision of collecting samples at door. I don't know where you live but I heard of such facilities from my school mates in Bengaluru. Try finding out from your network about those facilities, they are much safer. You need not go to the lab to get tested. They will give you instructions and collect them outside your house. Just try inquiring for the same. As some of the posters have mentioned, staying calm and positive is very important during such times. Fear of disease is much worse than the disease itself. If you are already vaccinated then you should be okay. A few days back I had runny nose and sore throat, I took the test (there is a high demand and shortage of appointments where I live as well) and it came negative. Better verify before assuming that it is covid. You will get through this, don't worry.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @shravs3 , hugs to you! Take heart girl - all will be well. Much love to you and kiddo!

shravs3 likes this.
  10. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Wish you and your baby the best and stay positive. It is easier said than done to find strength in difficult situation but as a mom you will often find yourselves in this place. We need to first collect ourselves and stay strong to be able to care for the little ones.

shravs3 likes this.