Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

O i forgot fantasy world is repeating "Life here (India) is back to pre covid times", and banging some plates and light some candle.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Latest video of a popular food channel. Do you see any of your doom & gloom reflected there? Go though the comments, see how joyous it can be?

current twitter trends in india: covid is not even there.
    India - Twitter Trending Hashtags & Topics Today now

There's no demand for vaccination certificates to enter any shop, market, malls, movie halls, public transports unlike in the west where this vax vs antivax debates keep going. Allu Arjun's Pushpa is doing good numbers, pani poori stalls doing good business, as always. Nobody's scared about the virus, lest the omicron.

Maybe call up a relative and ask for yourself?

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Did you see any doom & gloom reflected here? It always comes after the party and denial.

4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Is this just fake or true?

5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

According to my family in Delhi, you need to show vax card to go pretty much anywhere-malls, theaters, train reservations. etc. They all are also in Govt. jobs and have to be vaccinated (not that they didn't want to anyway). May depend on what part of India you are comparing.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Took the kids for a movie - had to show vaccine cards, entered a mall - had to show vaccine cards, boarded flights - vaccine cards, hotel stay - vaccine cards, restaurants - vaccine cards - I almost got offended because where I live in the US, nobody asks for vaccine proof. Wherever I went in India, I had to show proof of vaccination. Which part of India are you talking about?

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

“Good old Watson! You are the one fixed point in a changing age..''

Post the 2nd wave, random sampling of Indian people told us that 7 out of 10 had antibodies. which when extrapolated gives us 80-90 crore (800-900 million) people infected with the virus.

In the first wave, it was 'test, test, test' or the 'flatten the curve' chorus but then eventually we learned that slow spread of the virus (so as not to overload the medical infra) and herd immunity is the way forward for densely populated zones like India (and Africa), at the cost of a few lives.

I commute between Coimbatore-Palghat districts of TN-KL. The CM of TN did bring an order to check at the entrance of every public space for vaccine certificate but till this moment I didn't have to show it anywhere, even when crossing the state border.

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

He is still the Prime Minister.

9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Health Matters: Stack Up All Dolo Tablets India Sold During Covid and It Would be as Tall as Burj Khalifa

To go by infection numbers that run on the news channel boxes is pointless, as proven by the sales of paracetomol. Community spread and herd immunity it is, irrespective of mask/vaccine discipline.

As for the third wave, every second contact in my whatsapp is now having some symptom of omicron: fever, body/headache and fatigue and they are getting better in a day or two. I was down with chills for a night and by next day evening the body pain was gone.

The fatigue lasts a couple of days extra.

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

whats the agenda for this thread? Modi Vs Anti Modi???

Govt is doing everything that is possible form their end, people are taking precautions .
    There are quiet a bunch NOT taking precautions and nothing can be done about such Covidiots!

Also wrt Omicron looks like everyone is bound to get it..Everyone in my circle has got ..Looks like those who have not got must be isolated now...
    .My entire neighbourhood is sick and I just feel like "Apna time aayega"..Its just a matter of days/ weeks I am going to get it...!

Go get a break folks!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Mehana, chanchitra, shravs3 and 2 others like this.