Finest Post Nominations - December 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    A picture is worth a thousand words! Even so, @jskls has captured in a crisp, concise manner what photographs mean to her(and to most of us).

Pictures of moments long past help us reminisce and renew the emotions we associate with a moment. All photographers probably feel a sense of awe browsing their collection! I loved Lakshmi’s walk down memory lane via her clicks. I’d love to nominate her post With A Camera In Hand for finest post.

iyerviji, Rihana and Mistt like this.
  2. Laks09

Rihana,
    I’ve often felt that the value IL brings to me is from posters who take the time to provide a viewpoint. I may not agree with all the posts but often times, I see myself pausing and making myself think. The value of IL is that even other people’s questions can lead to some valuable insights for everyone.

@SuiDhaaga has stated succinctly what Ive often felt!
    Posts and posters do leave impressions in the mind and sometimes those change us. That’s the beauty of IL.

I’d like to nominate SuiDhaga’s ode to IL here I ❤️ You Guys for FP.

nuss, Mistt, SuiDhaaga and 1 other person like this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Awwww thank you so much!!!

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I saw this post at 4 am thought will nominate later
    When I saw your nomination msge in notification was sure it will be this pist

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  5. Laks09

Rihana,
    Remember the moderation headaches? Threads started just because others closed down and someone didn’t get the last word, their perspective seen or just to continue arguing. Although everyone is entitled to an opinion, I sometimes felt like a school teacher acting as a referee between two groups of warring kids. I’ve done the fighting, tantrum throwing, making myself heard thing too. It’s such a breath of fresh air when someone just comes in and says I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. When someone starts a thread for the same, it’s epic! As always, @nuss is a trailblazer!

We are trying to continuously grow and improve ourselves. If we look at all the negatives of social media and then look at this positive growth mindset platforms like IL provide, I would still stay for the learning.

Id love to nominate Nuss’s post Learning To Accept That I Can Be Kind And Callous! for FP.

Rihana, nuss, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  6. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Exactly what I felt when I saw @nuss thread! It takes a great deal of character strength to create such a thread. Identifying such threads for nomination makes IL a beautiful genuine place to be!

Rihana, Laks09 and Cheeniya like this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for the kind words, @Laks09! Together, we can make this world a nicer place!

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Metamorphic! I am learning to own my successes and also failures! I believe that instead of having a nagging feeling that I might have hurt someone which takes my mental space, it's better to ask for forgiveness! This is what 40s teach us :)

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rihana likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Laks. @jskls has beautifully summed up the memories we create and relive around the moment we capture in a photograph: With A Camera In Hand

Who would have thought running out of storage will lead to such a lovely walk down memory lane. : ) And a gently nostalgic snippet for us all. Great to see a snippet from you after so long, @jskls.

Laks09 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.