I ❤️ You Guys

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Dec 8, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I've been busy with job, chores, study so my posts are limited to life-skills questions.

Often enough i do go through posts and it touches a soft part of my heart that has hope for happiness, especially after the things we've gone through.

Better to be soft and cry rather than have anger, thereby shield yourself from deep sadness (and possible cleansing).

Cannot believe it is December already!

Hope we can support each other and grow as the years and decades go by.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2021
    Amica, Mistt, Gauri03 and 9 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I like to read your life-skills and other questions. It is nice to see that you make or find the time for such projects. It reminds me of some of my past sewing or other DIY projects and some boxes that are lying unopened yet hopeful. : )

One of your most insightful and straight from the heart posts this year was this one:
    I was thinking about the above for a long time after reading it.

This also stuck in the mind. So today AWS or some related whatever was down and it ended up as a huge disappointment to my child as they had something big due today. I bit my tongue and didn't type "yes this happens .. that's life for you..." in Whatsapp.

3. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I am also surprised how quick this year went by ! I do not know you well but I applaud your presence of mind and keeping yourself engaged in activities apart from the daily routine and it is like a therapy actually. We grow in many ways each year and sometimes we no longer are the person we were couple of years ago or a decade ago. Personally I have also beaten up myself due to the tricks my mind played on me but after so many years I finally am able to realize that it is just matter of our perception when reality cannot change and move on. It was nothing major but still it was holding me back in my growth as a person. I wish you a great year and much happiness & peace ahead :).

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

Your post touched my heart.

I am especially sensitive to posts involving children feeling sad, getting hurt, etc. Being a single lady (at least for now), is helping me to understand the child’s position, because they comprise most of my memories (both good snd bad).

How is your child now? Was she (or he) able to complete the assignment. I hope the teacher was understanding of the situation.

Awww sewing (or haberdashery as @Thyagarajan put it) is a unique recreation because it is also a life-skill! Hope you get to it one of these days!

Rihana likes this.
  5. SuiDhaaga

You are so right.

Our experiences changes us as people. Really changes us!

I had certain dreams before I entered into an abusive marriage (which by Grace of God Almighty dissolved).

Now I tell God that my dream remains and my dream coming true would wash away any lingering anger and hopelessness.

And I try to explain myself that my mind was playing tricks on me. My focus should be in my dream and all this abuse nonsense was a side show meant to distract.

I was too naive to fall for this trap but luckily, God pulled me out.

Mind does play tricks, better to acknowledge sadness and have soft heart rather than get angry and hurt others.

NOW likes this.