1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

With A Camera In Hand

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Dec 8, 2021.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

With a camera in hand

What can you do with a camera in hand? Click click click …. Numerous photographs. We just don’t capture the picture but we freeze the moment, capture it and live in the moment. Best part of having it as an image saved somewhere digitally or on print is that whenever we see that picture the moment we truly lived comes in front of our eyes.

It all started when my gmail went full and I got a message saying no more mails will be delivered to my account. 15GB of storage space of my account was full. I started clearing my drive, photos etc as Photos had occupied most of the space. When I looked back at all those beautiful pictures captured in the last few years, I couldn’t believe that those moments I am seeing them in pictures were captured years back. It all felt like yesterday.

The sunflower farm for which I paid a hefty amount to spend an hour and capture pictures is so vivid in my memory. I remembered the events associated with it like visiting the dentist on the way, bright blue skies at sunset time and so on. I even remember the boy who gave me the entrance ticket to the farm. There was another couple who were doing their pre-wedding photoshoot there and a toddler who was smiling between the rows of flowers. Those flowers might have withered but they still stay fresh in my memory.
    A421D7CD-92CD-4F77-AC93-F02F518F5A1A.jpeg

I lost hours looking at the pictures, eliminating duplicates, going through each and every picture reliving those moments. Pictures of my garden with all the fresh veggies I took also had the image of a tomato hornworm. I had clicked it holding it over a piece of small twig. It was in the morning of a summer day when I clicked that. Pictures of evening skies with glorious colors filled one album. I remember going to the highest point I know to have a better view. Various pink hues the skies were adorned with and their reflection in the clear water below brought back that particular moment alive. Beauty of fall pictures in all shades of yellow, green, orange, pink and brown reminded me of the walks I took in the deep woods when I clicked a small snake as well. Picture of a full moon on a summer evening brought back memories of chasing the rising moon around next town and trying to capture the well lit moon in an open parking lot. I had stepped out to get some groceries and ended up clicking that beautiful moment.
    05DD6427-45D2-446F-B1FE-5BD24276FD51.jpeg
    Recently when I was at a photoshoot, I noticed how the professional photographer was clicking 200+ pictures to get a few best portraits. When I saw those on print I realized what she meant with nature blowing the hair or sunlight adding a dazzling glow to the skin etc. I couldn’t compare them with my clicks but still those moments of morning skies fall weather and the location will long live in my mind along with the image of the stunning picture she took. Too bad that she said that she is not hiring any trainees or coaching any beginners.

Looking at all these few years of pictures I took, I realized that I had lived in those moments fully with complete awareness because of which I am able to recreate the same moment mentally with same feeling and emotion when I see them. My pictures are never edited and most of all when I share I don’t add any watermarks. Pictures make us pause that moment in life. I don’t know whether it is being at the right place, right moment and capturing it perfectly or seizing that moment when beauty meets the eyes and capturing it as is. I prefer to go with the latter. Pictures has little to do with the things you see in it but a lot to do with the way you see them.
    E964B0FE-7AEA-4EE5-8952-9AE9C6832C33.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    Kohvachn, nuss, satchitananda and 5 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Same pinch on so many counts! : ) I got that note from Google recently and cleared up all attachment emails. In fact, will have to give lot of pinches as I am nodding "me too" to all of the snippet. : )

So true. A lot to do with the way you see them. I love to relive the moment captured in the photo just like you have described.

jskls likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,
    :hearteyes:Felt nice seeing your blog after a long time. Will post my comments later.

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,
    As a nature lover and passion for capturing beauty of nature I connected to Title of your blog " with a camera in hand" itself when I saw it in new threads list. My eyes stuck to Sunflowers pic when I started to read your snippet. I enjoyed your thoughts, your description of nature and your pics thoroughly.:smile:

Amica likes this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Beautifully said, Lakshmi! I was nodding as I was reading. Especially at this:
    and this:

jskls likes this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Can so relate with that. Which reminds me, I must get down to cleaning out my Google drive and inbox too!

jskls likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

What a beautiful snippet! Living in the moment and then smiling when we relive the moments through the pictures- you sum it up so well!

jskls likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I guess it is going to be reliving memories from now on as we are on the same boat on many counts.

Though late Happy New Year to Rih-ji.

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Mistt. I love all the pictures you share in your random snapshot thread. I rarely login and so the late reply.

Mistt likes this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Amica. hope all is well and happy new year to you. Take care

Amica likes this.