1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Enjoy Life ?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Dec 5, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Pretty straightforward question..

We keep doing things and hobbies we like..

For me everyday some form
    Of workout keeps me sane.I try different dishes, love movies and music.

Weekends maybe order out.

I am an ambivert..not an extrovert or introvert and so have selective friends who moved out of state.Just have one or two friends who are ambiverts a like me and once in a while catch up.

Vacations once in a while..

My husband is a nice guy but a daring truth? Weekend afternoons are spent sleeping maybe more than 3 or 4 hours and he is a quiet person..

So just making the most of what I can with my reality of life..

How do you guys enjoy life?

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

As a mother, wife, sister or daughter, we try to make our loved ones happy. Cooking their favourites, creating surprises for their important days, thinking about their development and issues etc take up a lot of our time and energy -
    but we need to accept that men and children don't think/feel the same.

We as women first need to accept the fact that we cannot depend on other people to make us happy!

So it is extremely important to do something or have something that gives us happiness and a sense of achievement everyday.

1) We have a Carnatic music group - we sing at temples on important festivals. We have regular get-togethers, celebrate our teacher's birthday/Guru poornima with pot-lucks (Before Covid)
    2) I speak to parents who are facing issues with their children's studies/careers/extra-curricular activities - and give them positive actionable advice - this helps with their parenting and the education path of the kids. Similarly, I speak to a lot of empty nesters (Moms whose kids have grown, they need advice on what they can do)
    3) I create a lot of activities and worksheets and ideas and games on how to teach Maths to kids in a fun and engaging manner. - I use them to conduct fun workshops during holidays & also to teach my students when they dont understand a particular concept.
    4) One elderly aunty reads adhyatma books to us everyday - we have a group who listen to her (on a phone call) - We ruminate on the lessons in the book and discuss it further - one hour a day - I combine this with my walking exercise.
    5) I am mentoring a few CS Engineering students and guiding them build a Edu-Tech platform - this gives them an internship and gives my students maths games to play with - win-win.
    6) I create videos for students and parents with the above info... I do many more such things about Sanskrit, Carnatic Music, Stories, Jyotisha, Psychology, Study Styles and Ancient Indian Mathematics.
    7) I love travelling - Before covid - I took my son around India - We both covered 2 states every year.
    8) I read books - any quiet time I am either reading or writing or playing sudoku/crosswords!

Keep smiling
    HR

Induslady, SCA and anika987 like this.
  3. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

I am an ambivert too. I don't have too many friends because for me it takes time to gel well with people .

I walk a lot daily with my headphones. Sometimes I walk with friends too but since they aren't regular in walking I don't call them. Listening to music is like a therapy. After second wave I stopped my maid. So I do all the chores. The only thing I need is good playlist to engage myself in work. I spend time with my girls dancing and playing. My teen daughter is my partner in crime so we both do all atrocities.

My husband is an introvert except to us.Since he doesn't have friends here he wants me to spend time with him.Somehow we squeeze our time and spend time with each other daily. We also go for vacations .

I am planning to join a gym to learn kick boxing after my kids start their offline school.
    One thing I thanked God during this pandemic is at least as couple we were able to tolerate each other without any fights during wfh.

AliceMargaret and anika987 like this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

:clap2:

5. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I have a bucket list of wishes ..Trying to achieve one by one and that keeps me going..Most of the things doesn't need money or have any dependency on others..I enjoy achieving those and keep me spirited :)

SCA and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

wow! I remember I created a thread for bucket list..my thought process is also like you..kudos to you!!

If you do not mind, can you give me some pointers from the bucket list

7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Traveling to my favorite destinations..I had around 40 in my list and achieved half of it.Did some adventure too snorkeling,free fall etc..
    Going for cruise trip,hot air balloon ride,changing hair style every year,getting ideal weight,crocheting a top for myself every year (I have many now and one in progress for this year which I shall finish before xmas),learning the toughest slokas (Ganesha sahasranamam in my to do list) and many more ..:) including constructing a mud house.I got leads for it so hopefully I can do that also in next five years..

Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

wow....amazing!!! I want to try the free fall maybe but scared:)

9. AliceMargaret

AliceMargaret Senior IL'ite

I love window shopping (but due to lockdown, it turned to online shopping). And now my DD also joins with me in my online shopping. We both love cosmetics and have a huge collection of lipsticks and nail polishes.
    I guess happiness is when you have a sense of satisfaction/feel good about yourself. I love arts - water color painting.
    I feel happy when i cook a good meal or spend time with my kids.

Kind Regards,
    AM

anika987 likes this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Cute! Even enjoy cooking a good meal:)