1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Oci Card Application

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ushiee, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Ushiee

Ushiee Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I became an us citizen few years back, I had some problems in applying for OCI, Since I had 10 yrs multiple entry visa to India I didn't applyfor OCI then.. Now post Covid I want to apply for OCI as soon as possible. But when ever I try to apply the site says under maintenance, not available. If anyonerecently applied for OCI please update me here. It will be very helpful. Thanks.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Which webpage are you looking at? You can start the process here -- | vfsglobal - vfsglobal. Look at the step by step guide. Under step 2 you will find a link to the GOI OCI page. Before you fill out the application, make an account on the VFS page. It will streamline the process. I tried starting a new application and it seems to work fine. I helped my friend apply for her family's OCI cards in September and she received them by mid-November.

Do you have your renunciation document? If not then you will have to start by applying for renunciation of Indian citizenship. You can't apply for OCI without it.