1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bereavement

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by GoneGirl, Dec 2, 2021.

1. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi @Metamorphic, Thank you for the kind words. That is indeed a very helpful suggestion, I was surviving on minimal food for many weeks and realized that this was not helping me or the others around me. So am taking care of my health a bit better now.

Thank you so much @Amica for taking the time, despite going through a difficult day time. Hope you are able to get through this phase.

Amica and Metamorphic like this.
  2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

No...in my case i could not get over the loss for few years.
    It does take a lot of time to come to reality. But life does go on...
    Initially we would discuss about the person within the family...which would create a sad atmosphere altogether at home. But each family member would console the other one . This is how life was the first few months...After few months, everyone gets busy with work/study...and also weeps when alone.
    As the years passes by, we slowly come to terms.
    So we start living with good memories spent with them. Look at the photos and share the happy moments with the family. Now we remember the loved one in every work we do. In tough times we feel they are behind us supporting and in happy times feel they are Happy seeing us achieve .
    Talking with people and sharing our emotions would definitely help in the initial few months...

GoneGirl, SuiDhaaga and Mistt like this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

So sorry for your loss @Anisu. This is a very insightful post, gives me hope, thanks for sharing this.

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

So sorry to hear about your loss. May his soul rest in peace. May God give you the strength. Take care Viji ma. hugs

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thks

SunPa likes this.
  6. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

May God give you strength to endure this.

we
    I feel we never get over the loss; we just learn to live with that void and pain and hope that ONE Day we will meet again.

Rest assured...you will come out of this phase!

GoneGirl and SunPa like this.
  7. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

My heartfelt condolences to you for your loss.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@GoneGirl , I happened to come across this analogy on Twitter, it seemed to make sense. Perhaps it could help you a little in handling the overwhelming sadness and pain. Take care
    SmartSelect_20211207-112709_Twitter.jpg

SmartSelect_20211207-112728_Twitter.jpg SmartSelect_20211207-112746_Twitter.jpg SmartSelect_20211207-112817_Twitter.jpg

Metamorphic, Induslady and GoneGirl like this.
  9. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@GoneGirl First of all hugs to you. Time will definitely put things in place and you will learn to come to terms with the loss. Don't be too hard on yourself, grieve to your hearts content, people prefer to grieve in different ways.
    Cry out loud if that makes your heart feel light, recall memories even if it hurts and brings tears, it's ok.

Special days of yours as well as the loved one you lost are the most difficult days initial few days, months and years. But still recall how much joy and fun you had in the past during those special days. It will help to heal. Like a few already suggested lean on family / friends and tell them how the loss is hurting. Take it out of your chest.

One last recommendation that worked for me personally ... after taking some time to grieve try asking yourself how would your loved one like you to be? How would they love to see you? What would they like you to do? These will give you the energy to bring yourself together and slowly move on with life.

@Amica @iyerviji ma ...Hugs, hugs, hugs!