1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Vanishing Tribe

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Nov 25, 2021.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

I really hope so. The newer generation is waking up now. There were very few cases of mental illnesses reported in the past but now with life speeding so fast as if to compete with space bound rockets, anxiety, frustration, depression, etc have inadvertently become a much used part of our vocabulary. Some near and dear one or an acquaintance being affected with one/ more of these. :(

2. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

This is 200%true,am the example to this,bcoz I always insist my parents to say am right and to do wat I said,never ready to listen them and I don't have a chance nor am lucky to take care of them even they are just 40km away from me ... missing them alot and praying the god to give wealth in there older age ...[/QUOTE]

Our parents (most parents of offspring belonging to our generation) have been magnanimous while bringing us up. They have given us not only the basics but also luxuries of life. We didn't have to work hard and most of the things were offered to us on a platter even before we asked for them. The most remarkable privilege given to us by our parents is education coupled with freedom of speech. The only issue now is how intelligent and smart we are to use these appropriately.

Janakinarne likes this.
  3. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Exactly, Sarvantaryamini! Every word you have written here is true. Being religious is considered old fashioned. If someone visits the temple regularly, performs pooja, etc. either that person is labeled as a fundamentalist or is perceived as being doing it for some materialistic gains. Or even to atone for some "sins"! <facepalm>

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    In theory many agree with it but in practice!
    There may be some, I agree. But we would lose great treasure if we do not listen. But...leave out doing ,but listening is also boring to many. My father used to tell many anecdotes from his childhood....again and again. We used to listen....never told him "You told us all this many times".
    I am lucky that I took care of my parents and father in law....they three are no more. But no guilt trip for me. Parents have many kinds of needs...for e.g taking care by being with them, financial, talking and the list is long. Children, though not nearby can do whatever is needed. I do not want to use the word "help".....with parents it is never help. It is love.
    Syamala

radv and Cheeniya like this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I also belong to that generation. Being an octogenarian in mid eighties and my better half in late eighties we have now become dependents. Yet I still cook our meals and staying in the first floor and my son stays at the ground floor with his family. Till last month in Chennai also we were staying alone in an apartment complex where my daughter was also staying. Every day in the evenings my daughter used to come and be with us at least for one and half hours.
    Now we fill a bit lonely as everyone is busy in my son’s house. We got the happy news that our grandson will join Bits Pilani on 3rd January. He was feeling bored all along sitting at home.

sarvantaryamini and Cheeniya like this.