1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Akhil was not that bad in my opinion. He looks good and have improved a lot.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Sabapathy - one time watch for some comedy (some are awkward) and OK story.

3. vidhyalakshmid

Marakkar-Arabikadalinde simham (malayalam)Waited for a long time to watch. Brought back pre independence days,yes it is bio pic. Big budget movie with Mohanlal and Priyadarshan. Sea ships battle scenes brought the scenes of Sandilyan story Kadalpura(tamil historical fiction) in my mind. Good to know about the personality who fought against Portugese. One time watch!

indubalram likes this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Watched Jai Bhim. What do I say. Excellent movie based on real life incident. The movie narrates the plight of irular community and the STs in our country detailing a particular incident where a guy named Rajakannu is tortured by police to accept a theft and his absence from the police station along with his brothers who were also tortured and his wife sengani's struggle with the help of a good hearted lawyer chandru to find his whereabouts. All the characters have acted really well. A must watch heart wrenching movie. To see it as a movie if it makes us cry what can we even think of people who have endured and still enduring this. Stand with the oppressed is what is my take away from tbe movie.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  5. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Watched Minnal Murali ; I just loved it for the craft. They ve successfully created a local superhero or rather a raw Indian superhero . Interesting watch!

6. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

Since the streaming of Harry Potter return to Hogwarts started , after watching it i started to rewatch the entire series

7. vidhyalakshmid

Bheemante vazhi - simple story and slow moving typical malayalam movie. No masala, OK

8. vidhyalakshmid

Madhuram (malayalam) - excellent movie with no top actors. Feel good movie with no masala.
    Simple story with events around the hospital and the bystanders.

9. vidhyalakshmid

Thalli pogadhey- Remake of telugu movie NINNU KORI. Ok one, Kapilan vairamuthu`s dialogues are catchy.
    But I like the original better, there Nani has stolen the show. One time watch.

Rihana likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Boothakalam malayalam movie. Good one and a one time watch.
    Horror plus mental illness is the theme. I felt the makers didn't go too much in to both the topics. A haunted house, depressed mom and irresponsible son along with a grandma who died form the story. Revathy as the depressed mom and Shane nigam as the irresponsible son were brilliant. Both compete with each other in showing their acting skill. Perfect casting.
    Asha is a widow and works as a playschool teacher and is clinically depressed who lives with her jobless drunkard son Vinu and bedridden mom. The film opens with the murmurs of Vinu in helping his mom change diapers for his granny. The next day the granny dies. Vinu is stressed as he feels his mom is controlling and doesn't allow him to go out of town to search for a job although there aren't convincing points as to why she doesn't let him. May be she is afraid of the mental sickness which runs in the family. Since I don't understand malayalam and watch with subtitles, may be I missed something. Soon after the grandma's death vinu hears some sounds and sees strange things. What happens after that? Is vinu imagining things or the things that he sees are just hallucinations or are they real? How can a depressed Asha help her son? form the rest of the story. I loved the ending. A once self absorbed son who doesn't care to console his mom who cries at nights thinks with empathy about the new inmates to their old house. The change over is shown in a subtle yet effective way in a single dialogue.
    Bhoothakalam is an apt title for the film in every sense of the word.

chanchitra and balakrish like this.