1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Spying Whatsapp

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rose03, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

I recently got to know that my husband was spying my whatsapp messages ,where he can see voice call mediate and text messages shared , all I thought of was when I was living with him , he had been spying through router , rather my lazy brain didn’t research much about it , I just realised one can spy on whatsapp just with mobile number , I am devastated , he wants to spy to know about my siblings and their spouses , my family and what we are upto , our family . How can he control us ( he alwa rs wants to know ever move of us )
    I became so depressed back then when I was living with him knowing I have been watched over , I didn’t have personal space with my family , when they come to over to my places we are watched again on CCTV camera .

now living separately due to work reasons , I realised from couple of conversations that I am being monitored again .
    I am loosing sleep again

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Any issue that lead him to not to trust you? Ideally, there should not be any secrecy between husband and wife. Many keep their phones accessable to their spouse. Can you access his phone. If not, you dont have to share your phone. Anyway privacy is important and monitoring it without your permission is very toxic.
    The only way he could be spying on your WhatsApp messages is when he setup WhatsApp web behind your back when he had your phone. Otherwise he might have installed spyware in your phone

Click three dots, check if there is any linked devices. Log out of all devices to get rid of it. Also goto settings, privacy, add finger print lock for whats up. Also, go to change privacy settings, last seen, who can see personal info etc.
    It can most probably solve your issue. If not then try any anti spyware tool to check any other monitoring tools in your mobile you dont recognize. Remove it. Another way is to buy a new phone and never share your password with anyone.

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  3. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

How can he monitor without physical access to your device, just with your mobile number? I am really curious, how can that be done? I know you can link a device to the whatsapp chat, but only if the mobile is accessible to the other person that too with the mobile pin or password.

4. sarvantaryamini

Installing CCTV camera is too much. You need to address this with him.

5. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

There are several times where he said something which I did communicate with either friends or fmaily . I am super shocked and indeed he said he was doing it , I thought he could see from wifi router , now that I am living separately he still does .

It has become his habbit I told him several times , my mother also this up , he wants to know ever details of our fmaily. He is kind of narcissistic.

6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

7. revs77

revs77 Gold IL'ite

Are you guessing or fully sure he is spying on your Whatsapp, because it is not possible to read your WA messages even with Whatsapp web if the phone and the web are connected to two different routers. If you are living separately, he cannot spy on your router unless he knows your router admin password or he has to be a super tech geek. Follow the suggestion by DDream and logout from all other devices. Before logging out, take a screenshot and check if you can recognize the devices.

Are you tech savvy? Otherwise, you need to reveal a bit a more detail to get some help.

8. sarvantaryamini

Yes, this can get super annoying. Him wanting to know every detail of yours, but you have to be very discreet in your enquiries with him. You cannot do much, you have to choose between him and your family.

9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

i do not know much about your background. it is not very clear. YOu said you are not living together. Since that act is not legal .

also spying whatsapp through router. it is not possible. to the best of my knowledge. that literally means he has hacked whatsapp, which itself is a very big deal . he is eligbile to get hired by facebook security team if he has done that :) .

whatsapp web allows you to sync , but he would need to scan QR code from your app. you can change if that is case. google. .

CCTV . your situation is quite complex without details.

if you are afraid of your security you can inform police too.
    you can connect with local authorities, if you feel this needs to stop.

please avoid using narcissitic term, that is whole different thing. infact those personality would have jumped to another supply by this time if you had seperated.