1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Day 1: 10/4/21
    • Meditation: 20 min - DONE
    • Diet: IF > 12 hrs - DONE
    • Water: 3L - DONE
    • Exercise: 60 min - DONE
    • Study: 60 min - DONE

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  2. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Day 2: 10/5/21
    Day 3: 10/6/21

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It’s been a while since I updated this thread. I have kept up with my goals for the most part. Not going to list them out day by day.

Decided to eat a grain and lentil/beans free diet for Navratri. I did this successfully last year. I’m not religious per se but navratri always feels like a time to simplify, to do away with complexities and embellishments, and that applies to diet too. Have successfully avoided all wheat, rice, dals for the past 7 days. Eating once a day — simple meals made of vegetables and pseudo grains cooked in ghee with only jeera, haldi and pink salt. Body feels light and I feel alert and energetic. When I think back to the elaborate and rich food cooked for ‘fasting’ back home in my extended family, I sigh at how badly they missed the point of the tradition. I wonder when and why our traditions shifted from opportunities for reflection and simplification to — आडंबर —ostentation and pageantry.

Srama, NOW, Kohvachn and 2 others like this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Didn't update here since I couldn't follow the plan. Will start again from Saturday.

5. Gauri03

The end of the year brings with it a sense of urgency for me. A need to make the most of what's left of the year and carry the momentum into the new one. The weather has cooled down and running has been on my mind. I'm enjoying my music lessons but haven't been able to make regular practice a habit. Winter also means decreasing water consumption. Between deadlines at work and social obligations the days have been passing on autopilot. Starting a new 75 day challenge to bring back intention into the way I spend my time.

* IF 18:6
    * 2L water
    * Self improvement 30 minutes -- Music practice (4 days a week), Language lessons (3 days a week)
    * 60 minutes workout (Can split into multiple workouts a day)
    * Meditation 15 minutes

Missing a day or two here and there is inevitable. I will try not to miss a day but if I do, instead of restarting I'll keep going until I reach a total of 75 days.

Viswamitra, Kohvachn, NOW and 3 others like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Gauri,

It was almost like you read my mind! I wanted to start with the challenge officially right after thanks giving for the same reasons you have mentioned. While I have sustained the challenge quite well, interestingly a couple of places I fell off were chanting and reading :( It is interesting (for me) to observe that while I did read and chant a lot, it was intense - either I read without keeping the book down (very interesting reads though :)) or chanted for more than 30 mins stressing about where to fit it in during the day! I realized I like the consistency of a few minutes a day! Thankfully the two things I am able to follow without effort are exercise and IF. Water is super hard in winters.

While I have always said (to myself) that I am not goal oriented and is still true for many areas in life, for selfcare, I need it! So I am back again and right around the same time as you @Gauri03 - time indeed has flown by since my last checkin here! Hope to be a regular starting today with the challenge, with a lot of self compassion allwoing myself a slip here and there.

Sun Salutations - 12 or 10
    Chant for 10 mins/day
    Meditate for 10 mins/day
    45 mins workout
    Drink 1L (atleast) of water
    IF 16:8
    Read 10 pages a day

It feels like a lot but it is just breaking down into chunks, into little habits! I also hope to motivate my students to do a couple of challeneges at school ....hope being the key word!

Will update starting tomorrow, the 28th of Nov!

NOW, Kaput, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.
  7. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

Taking a shot at my first ‘75 hard’ inspired by Gauri and Srama. Being back from vacation and thanksgiving break, I am most vulnerable and can see myself easily pushing everything to January 2nd week and so I decided to start one immediately.

1. Meditate 15 mins daily
    2. Exercise daily - 1 hr yoga class or 45 mins run or walk.
    3. Intermittent fasting - 16:8
    4. Go to bed by 10pm
    5. Limit to black coffee once a day and limit to green or herbal teas before 5 pm.
    6. Self improvement - dedicate 20 mins to either reading/journaling/decluttering mind. Need to fine tune this as I go along with it.

Next 3 weeks I will try sincerely and will give myself a little wiggle room during Christmas break but need to keep the momentum as much as possible going into the new year.

Kaput, Srama, SunPa and 2 others like this.
  8. Gauri03

Day 1: 11/28/21

* IF 18:6 - done
    * 2L water - done
    * 30 minutes Language lessons - done
    * 61 minutes walk - done
    * Meditation 15 minutes - done

Kaput, Srama, SunPa and 1 other person like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I will also participate in this new "75 hard challenge" with the following objective:

1) Meditate 15 minutes
    2) IF 18:6 (Fasting from 6 p.m. to 12 noon)
    3) 45 minutes of workout
    4) 30 minutes of reading
    5) 1.5 L Water

I will post it from tomorrow.

Kaput, Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  10. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

how are able to do IF 18:6.
    i tried really hard. not able to do that. i end up eating more . so changed to 12 hr 12 hr eat.