Finest Post Nominations - November 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Glad you nominated the post, Viswa. I missed reading it till now.

Response by @DDream in the thread
    I Am Confused..need Suggestions

That's true, Viswa. It's a delicate balance to offer advice in cases where the person has valid grievances from the past but there is no point in brooding on them. DDream manages this conversation neatly. If OP there pays attention to even a few lines, she will benefit:
    Living with resentment is actually harmful to you than others.
    Emotional safety is very important in marriage.

Its important to be practical and look at the larger picture & improve present than focusing on issues that are done or you have no control.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Rihana

And you never fail to inspire me. I truly mean that. It continues to be a veritable pleasure to behold the "So what?" in your posts.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Sweet of you to say that! Thanks Rihanna:)

Rihana likes this.
  4. Rihana

Thank you Viswa. I also finished reading @umaakumar's story Blind Faith in one go.

It's a thought-provoking narration in which the characters ask, or try to ask, a few important questions as they grow from children into early adulthood, and then when they have children of their own. The events in the story are ones we can easily relate to. I am already looking forward to the next writing by Uma.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Rihana

Viji Jaaneman, first - thank you for the snippet. Next, thank you for nominating @beautifullife30's response Memories

Same pinch! I was inspired by the chains and bracelets pictures and once made a bracelet. Will try to dig it up. Do share your silk-thread creations.

beautifullife30 likes this.
  6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Sure Rihana....let me try and dig it up. I actually sold most of them in an office sale and made around 5K for that and paper crafts. Sadly i donot have a single pic of all those.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    The working/staying home/quitting work/ going back to work debate keeps happening on various levels here every now and again. We see a lot of great inputs and hopefully the participants find an answer.

Why work especially if one thinks one is financially comfortable? I’ve always thought it’s because it’s better to keep the mind occupied for a healthier life. I’ve never thought of it in the way @hrastro puts it.
    Do whatever you do to feel fulfillment and contentment when there aren’t other constraints. It’s a lucky few who find their dream job. I wish everyone who has the option of choosing to do anything can pick something that gives them the satisfaction.
    I would love to nominate Hrastro’s post Should I Keep Working Till My End for the finest post.

hrastro and Rihana like this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I think anytime @DDream posts, there should be an algorithm here to automatically add her nomination to Finest Post!
    She’s clear and spot on in her analysis of the situation. Her solutions are unambiguous and straightforward to follow.

Think about actually being independent! I have come to realize in the recent months that working outside the house isn’t necessarily being independent. All of the steps DDream has listed is to ensure the OP gets there with positivity and improved self esteem.

I’d love to second the nomination for DDream’s post This Is What I’m Going Through So Long With No Solution for finest post.

Rihana and Mistt like this.
  10. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear sir,
    Thank you so much for nominating my story. I am happy you liked it.
    Best regards
    Uma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.